Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire

Adam's: POV

"I'm glad you could come!" said my colleague. "Thanks for the invitation!" I replied. "No problem!" said Nick. I picked up my phone and sent away a text messagee to Felix.

Adam
I just wanted to check if everything is fine. I love you so much❤️

Felix
Everything is fine, you don't have to worry :) I've just put Meggie to bed and I'll sleep as well. I love you too❤️

"What is it Adam? you seem to be concerned about something!" said Nick. "It's nothing!" I replied and took a sip from my drink. "Is it about your dad?" he asked gently. "He's the last person I would be worried about!" I said. "Yeah!" replied Nick low. "He is nothing, but a liar!" I said coldly.

Then my phone rang and I swore quietly. "What do you want?" I asked coldly. "I'm sorry I couldn't come to Meggie's birthday yesterday!" said Eber. "I must have forgotten to inform you!" I replied ironically. "Don't use that tone!" he replied strictly. "Have fun with your new wife!" I said and hung up.

We talked and had it fun the rest of the evening. I had the best job and friends.

Nick couldn't believe that it was my and Felix wedding anniversary in a month. To be honest, I could not believe it either.

***

On the way home I heard sirens and I felt the smell of smoke in the air. I ran home and met a horrible sight. The whole house was in flames the firefighters tried in vain to extinguish the fire.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and a man looked sadly at me. "Where is my husband and my daughter?" I asked panicked. "He died when he saved the girl!" said the man. "Where's my daughter?" I asked. "She's at the hospital, but she'll be okay!" said a young woman.

I had lost my home and Felix. How could this happen? My head began to spin and everything went black.

My poor baby😭 I just want to give him a hug. I hope you liked this chapter.

~MoonGlambert~