Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

Erica

"Hey Erica, I haven't seen you in years!" It was Natalia. I never met up with her after school anymore.

"I have to get the bus home, and it leaves like really early. Sorry I haven't been around!"

She shrugged. "Okay, hey guys, wait where's Sue," she yelled across the classroom for Susan, who hurried in, late again.

"Natalia! I got in!" Susan practically screeched.

Mrs Finley glared at her.

"Sorry!"

Susan lowered her voice, but was still hopping around excitedly.

"A place has said yes! I got in!"

I was confused.

"What happened Sue?"

"Well I want to be a psychiatrist, and no place would accept me. Until now!"

Natalia was grinning, proud of her friend.

"But there's one thing..." Sue looked worried.

"What's that?"

"It's... It's in Ireland..."

Natalia looked upset, then, "Sue, it's what you want, don't miss out on your chance."

They both grinned before they went in for a hug.

Natalia continued chatting to Susan. I felt bad for Dan, sitting alone at the front.

He was so amazingly talented. Yet he had to take the mean words and teasing. Then why don't you tell them to shut up? Stupid conscience. It isn't that easy.

Then show them his talent.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...

********

I now knew my way around this school, with its maze-like hallways, so getting to English wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, Susan had to go home early because she was sick, so now, it was just Dan who I knew.

I sat down next to him and started humming as we waited for the teacher.

He glanced over slightly surprised that I was humming In the den. I didn't notice everyone was silent until Mrs Finley ( yes, she also teaches English) was staring at me.

"Erica, would you like to tell me what song is so important, that you feel the need to interrupt the lesson by humming it?"

Dan stiffened.

Tell them...

"Well, Dan wrote this song and..." People muffled their laughter.

"Enough!" Mrs Finley held up a hand. "Class! Be quiet! Erica, because you're new, I won't give you a detention, but interrupt the lesson again, and you may not be so lucky!"

I bit my lip and nodded, deliberately not looking at Dan, who was sat, red cheeked, face down, glaring at the table.

*********

A/N

I have nothing to say really apart from thank you so much guys for over 200 reads and 40 votes :) the next update will be on Friday, I'm still editing, so if you see any mistakes please tell me :)

Please vote, follow etc... If you enjoyed this chapter :)