Chapter Twelve

Chapter twelve

Erica

This phone call would be so awkward. Oh well, here goes nothing.

"Dan?"

"Um hi?"

"Sorry about earlier, it was um..."

Sugar... This was so embarrassing.

"Um..."

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you something."

"O-ok."

"When's your birthday? I know it's random but..."

I clicked up the registration screen on the laptop.

"14th July, why?"

"No worries."

I began humming to myself.

I filled in the boxes, obviously I knew which year he was born in, my birthday was after his, but the same year.

"Oh and your full name is Daniel right?"

"Um yeah..."

I completed the entry form. The confirmation email came immediately. "Ping!"

"What was that?"

"Nothing Dan, sorry, I'm doing some homework, do you wanna meet me next Saturday, not tomorrow Saturday, the one after, next Saturday?"

"I guess..."

"Great, be at the bus stop by half two, see you then, bye."

"Um, bye..."

I read the confirmation email carefully before printing off entering tickets, they had a piano, so luckily I wouldn't have to suspiciously heave a keyboard along.

We needed to be there by three fifteen, the bus got to our stop at two forty five, and took about twenty minutes, with no traffic. It was gonna be close.

A lump on my feet stopped me getting off of my bed and returning the laptop. Star, my cat, was sat, making my legs go dead.

She had this knowing look, like something bad would happen. I sighed.

I just hoped Dan wouldn't back out of it.

**********

A/N

I decided to do a double update today as a thank you to all you guys who are being so nice and supportive :) I'm also going to do another double update tomorrow :)

Thanks, if you feel like it, please vote, comment, etc...