Chapter Eight

Chapter eight

Erica

News had spread about what happened in English.

Nice one, conscience!

Natalia came around the corner laughing, she high fived me as I smiled weakly back.

*********

By the end of the day, rumours were circling the school. I had to make it up to Dan.

I was surprised that he'd stayed after school today. I found him in the music room.

"Dan?"

I went and sat next to him. He wouldn't look at me.

"Look, I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean for that to happen. I just wanted to help I guess."

He nods.

"Please say something...Dan? Can I see it?"

He shook his head, "I ripped it up."

"Oh, well can't you just write it out again?"

"I can't remember all of it."

I reached into my bag to grab a pencil and then his notebook.

"It's ok, I remember!"

"Um..."

Great, now I had to come clean.

"I, have um been listening to you play." I said sheepishly. Then, Dan smiled, I never thought he would.

As it got darker, we used Dan's phone as a light.

In my neatest writing I wrote:

Moving along, at a pace-

" It was um, Walking along," Dan mumbled.

I shrugged, "Moving sounds better."

I checked my phone. "Sugar!"

"What?"

"It's almost six thirty!"

We both looked at each other, how come we hadn't been thrown out of school yet?

With a bad feeling in my stomach, I went over the the door and pulled. My arm jolted.

"It's locked!"

Dan bit his lip.

Using our phones as torches, we managed to find a small window about two meters from the ground.

"I think it's open" I whispered.

Dan nodded.

"Lift me up!"

"I can't."

"Why not!" I replied incredulously.

"I'd drop you."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a chair. I still wasn't tall enough to climb out of the window.

"Dan, help me." I could lift the piano stool onto the chair.

With Dans help (although it was mainly me) we managed to balance the piano stool on top of the chair.

Clambering to the top I opened the window. I turned back to Dan, "Can you get out okay?"

He nodded.

"Bye."

I slithered through the window and fell about a meter onto some grass, my head narrowly missing the concrete.

I was able to slip out of the gates quite easily. I hope Dan is ok.

Dodging the late-night London traffic, I arrived home about seven.

My mother wasn't happy to say the least. She had called the police and everything. I was grounded and had to be home by five for the next two weeks.

Would it be the same for Dan?

**************

A/N

Thank you for all the positive comments on this story guys ;) I really appreciate it, so I will double upload tomorrow :)