Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen

Erica

Dan was going to hate me.

I dragged him through rows of busy people so we could go backstage. We got there with five minutes to spare. And luckily Dan wasn't first up.

"Erica?"

I have a feeling Dan knows.

Looking up at him I replied "yes?"

Since when did he get so tall? He was at least half a foot taller than me!

"I won't sing."

"Dan please..."

"Erica you know I can't, not in front of those people. Have you seen how many there are out there!"

I bit my lip and nodded.

"Dan you will be fine-"

"No! I can't do this!"

"Don't worry Dan it's fine, you don't have to! I'll get you a drink, you look a bit sick."

I suppose I'll have to use my back up plan. Get Dan drunk.

Walking around for a bit, I finally found a backstage worker.

"Um, hi, do you have any plastic cups?"

He nodded and pointed me in the right direction.

"Thanks."

**********

"Come on Dan, just one more, please!"

Fifteen minutes and quite a few shots later, Dan was ready to go on stage. I only hope he isn't an embarrassing drunk. Sugar! I didn't think about that. I'm sure he'd be fine.

"Remember Dan, I'll be watching."

He smiled, he didn't look drunk, I don't think he was too bad, I think he was drunk enough to go on stage though.

He ran a hand through his hair again, he looked nervous. I grinned.

I ran to sit at the front on a seat I reserved.

Dan appeared on the stage. He walked over to the piano. He didn't stagger which was a good thing.

Then came the familiar tune of In the den.

"Moving along, at a pace unknown to man, go go go go go go go..."

Dan stood up as everyone cheered. I quickly ran backstage to meet him.

"You were great Dan!"

He nodded before staggering into a sofa. I guess I'd underestimated how drunk he was.

********

Dan

I was still feeling a little dizzy, at the moment most things were fuzzy to me.

"Dan! Come on, you're needed on stage!"

"Wha-?"

Erica grabbed my arm and lead me to the stage. So many people.

I think it's a competition. Wait why am I here...

"And the winner is... Dan Smith!"

Wait what? What have I won?

I was handed a trophy and a check, then, slowly everyone left the stage.

Erica came rushing up to me.

"Dan! Dan you won!"

What did I win?

*******

Erica

I was so excited. He deserved it, but I don't think he would remember this night.

I looked up at him, my grin widened.

Too busy thinking back on the event, I didn't see Dan's expression change. But I did, however, notice, when he promptly threw up, all over the sofa.

**********

A/N

... Not much to say really, just thank you to all you guys who continue to read this :)

Please vote, comment etc... :)