Chapter 1 - It smelt of breakfast waffles

Alexandria

Death. Death is how I felt as my ear piercing screams echoed in the dark damp stone room. The piercing screams echoed along with the snaps of my bones. One by one my bones slowly shifted and bent in ways no human could imagine. I was too young, this should not be happening now!

Another howling scream escaped my mouth as I buckled down on the stone cold floor with my back arching.

I wish mummy could help the pain away.

Another scream.

Claws pushed through my fingernails now slowly growing dark brown fur around it. My body started now to itch with pain as fur started to make its way onto my body.

Another scream...no a howl of pain.

My vocals now changed I was howling and whimpering in pain as my face grew a snout and my teeth becoming sharper.

I just want my mummy!

Then the big silver door slammed open as the big bad man came in finally to see what all the commotion was about. Breathing rapidly I look up to see him looking down at me with an evil smile. I did not like that smile it meant no good will come soon.

My body started to feel better as I felt my wolf emerg wanting to introduce herself to me happily but the moment was short-lived as the big bad man started to whip me causing me to howl in pain. The whip burned on my skin and from what mummy and daddy told me long ago only wolfsbane and silver can do that. He was torturing my wolf and me!

"Mummy!"

-

"Mummy!" I cried bolting upright in bed. My lugs working overdrive as I gasped for air trying to calm myself down. My sheets clung to my sweat dripping body as I tried to calm my fast beating heart and panic-stricken wolf.

The door to my room swung open with a bang scaring my wolf further as she mentally hides deeper in me with her tail in between her legs.

The lights in the room turned on as Brendon my Alpha stood there with a worried look edged on his face. "Calm down Alexa it was just a dream." He tried to calm me down walking slowly to my scared body.

A single tear rolled down my face as I looked to my Alpha, "but it wasn't just a dream."

Brendon's face fell into a frown as he sat next to me on my bed hugging me. My head in the crook of his neck which I now let dampen with my tears. Brendon's hug brought my wolf back from cowering as she felt our Alpha's hug feel like a net keeping all the demons away from us.

Sighing into Brendon's neck I pulled away from him desperately trying to get the dream out of my head. "Thank you," I whispered softly feeling ashamed of my weakness in front of my Alpha.

Straightening up Brendon put on the softest smile he could, "no need to thank me, Alexa. Are you feeling better now?"

I looked up to my sandy blond hair Alpha gazing into his light blue friendly eyes, "I will never be better Brendon but I will live for now. Dreams can't hurt me." How many times have I told Brendon the same thing since I was thirteen? Too many to count that is for sure.

Rubbing my now dry eyes I ask, "what time is it?"

"About five in the morning, the sun should be up soon."

Heaving a sigh I ask him to leave the room before getting out of bed. What a lovely way to start such a bright sunny day. Collecting clothes from draws and closest I go straight to my bathroom that connected to my room. All rooms in the pack house had their own bathroom some were just bigger than others. Mine was one of the bigger ones since I was the Alphas cousin.