Chapter 16 - Waffles for dinner!

Alexandria

"And what would that be?"

Gulping at the closeness I attempted to look him in the eye. "You're making me waffles for dinner!" I gave him a cheeky smile trying not to show how intimidated I am of him.

"You can't have waffles for dinner." He chuckled softly shaking his head in disapproval. "Why did I know you were going to use waffles for one of your favours."

"Well don't tell Ashely but you made the best waffle I have ever had and I have been craving them ever since. Ashely has been trying to perfect them for the longest time and has never gotten close to my mother's recipe." I admit to him.

"Until me?"

"Yeah." I smile brightly at him before demanding again, "and now you will make me waffles for dinner."

"You aren't having waffles for dinner you can have it for dessert. Also, I swear we already had waffles today." Aden was being a big party pooper but I was determined in having waffles. Waffles are what makes the world go round. They are time, space and the meaning of life itself so I was getting my waffles one way or another.

"We had waffles for breakfast and now for dinner and dessert what a wonderful idea Aden." I joked before finally giving in. "Okay fine we can have a normal dinner that you make and then waffles for dessert." I emphasised on the 'you' making sure he understood that he was making the dinner with no help from me. Unless he wants food poisoning that is.

Aden finally agreed and we left for the kitchen which should be empty now since dinner is over. Walking down the stairs I ask. "So will we eat in the dining room when you finish?"

"We can't." I think Aden noticed my confusion and added. "We haven't replaced the table yet."

Finally realising what he was talking about I start to blush. I briefly forgot that I broke the table because of how tense I felt from the fight Aden and his father was having. I learnt the biggest lesson that day which was to never let Aden and his dad be in the same room for more than a second.

"I am so sor-"

I tried to apologise but Aden cut me off. "You have nothing to be sorry for, it was my fault that I made you feel uncomfortable."

I didn't know what to say to that but luckily I didn't have to because we made it to the kitchen. "Well, I guess we can just eat in here when you are done." I quickly sat on one of the stools and watched Aden gather his ingredients.

"What are you going to make anyway." I tried to make conversation. "And don't say it's a surprise."

"Well, I hope you like spaghetti because we have all the ingredients to make that." Aden placed a packet of spaghetti on the table. "I would make it all from scratch but that would take time."

"I like spaghetti and all but really isn't that a little cliche?" I raised an eyebrow mocking him. "Little Aden was a cliche and it seems he never grew out of it."

"Well next time you try to make me cook for you, you give me a heads up." Aden shook his head laughing while grabbing pots and pans. "I'm no chef you know. I can't come up with food recipes off the top of my head."

"Stop complaining and cook slave," I ordered with a big grin on my face.

I enjoyed watching Aden while he cooked and made light conversation with me. He let me know more about his life and that it wasn't all just hard work. The jokes he pulled on Ryan and Lion had me hunched over laughing at times. There was something about putting snakes in their tents or something.

Aden, Ryan and Lion much like me didn't go to human school growing up but that didn't stop them from going to human high school parties. The three of them were notorious for scaring and intimidating the humans at the parties. Especially Halloween which I can understand why they would love that day so much. The wolves that did go to high school were pretty well liked by the fact that they could talk to Aden, Ryan and Lion so easily apparently.