Chapter 7 - The waffle Gods

Alexandria

"Shit please don't cry," Lion freaked out putting his palm on my back softly guiding me to the stairs and away from my room, "Lion will make you happy."

I let out a weak laugh, "did you just talk in third person?"

"See I am already making you a little happier," Lion smiled sadly at me while he guided me downstairs. I was so lucky I was comfortable with Lion because from the short two days of knowing him I knew he was a goofy awesome person. Strong too even if he looked lanky.

When we made it down the stairs we did not make a turn to the left and went straight for the residential kitchen area. I was a little stiff walking past the kitchen scared to see anyone but once again to my luck no one was in there. Past the kitchen, we made it to a big door which Lion opened revealing the outside of the back of the pack house.

I have never been down this part of the pack house yet.

Walking outside I stayed close to Lion holding onto his arm scared of the guards by the door. My fear was quickly pushed aside when I saw the biggest field I have ever seen. I was in awe at the sight of the size and beauty of the field that was double the size of the Blue Moon packs field. The forest looked so inviting behind the field but my wolf felt otherwise. She felt like the woods was too large and rogues could get us easier.

She was stupid because why would rogues attack the biggest Warrior pack in the world. They would never win.

"Amazing isn't it?" Lion asked which I nodded to not taking my eyes off the sight of the Midnight Warrior pack's field. This pack was already ten times cooler than my pack and it made me wish I was normal so I could enjoy being here instead of being scared.

Lion started walking again pulling me with him to the field which I gladly followed desperately wanting to feel the green grass under my fingers.

When we were in the middle of the field Lion dropped to the floor laying on his back "Come lay with me," Lion patted the floor next to himself smiling up at me. I quickly did as he said laying next to him feeling the grass through my fingers. It was how I imaged it to feel dewy and soft.

Looking up I saw millions of bright stars twinkling in the sky making me feel so free and alive. The stars were so bright and wonderful better than how they look at my pack since we were close to a city. City lights don't help the stars shine but here in this pack the star glowed like fireflies. I didn't know the stars could be so bright.

"Why doesn't he care about me?" I asked out of the blue feeling my eyes go glossy with sadness. "Why doesn't he want to think about my feelings instead of just using me as an object? Most of all why does he want to be close to a slut and not me?"

I heard Lion sigh loudly probably now knowing why I was sad. "I'm sure he cares about you somewhere in his heart he just needs to see it."

A small tear escaped my eye, "will we ever work?"

"That's up to you two." His words were the hard truth. It was up to us to make it work but he was closed off and I was timid and broken. Then Lion added lifting up my spirits just a little, "I am sure it will work. Aden already pushed back the ceremony so it means he is going to have to get to know you."

"What if he tricks me into liking him?" I was being negative nancy here but I couldn't help myself.

Lion let out a soft low chuckle, "what if he tricks himself and ends up falling for you. You already got Ryan wrapped around your finger so why not the Alpha."

"Ryan?" I was confused at Lion's words.

"He ditched me to hang out with you today all because he thinks you're cooler than I am. So not fair." Lion's voice sounded very pouty when he spoke then he laughed, "but I can't cry about it too much because he is right. You are cooler than I am."

"I'm cool?"

"You're so cool you've captured my heart but only a piece since the rest of my heart belongs to my mate and food," from the corner of my eyes I could see Lion clinging to his heart. "Don't tell my mate but food has most of my heart," he joked.

Joking with him I held my heart, "don't tell my mate but waffles have my whole heart. He is lucky he basically looks like a walking waffle to me."

"What is up with the waffles?" Lion laughed curiously.

I shrugged my shoulders, "my mother would make them for me on special days so they are my special food. On top of that, they are fucking delicious so why wouldn't I like them."

"Pancakes are better."

I quickly sat up straight glaring at Lion as he lay there with his hands under his head. "How dare you put my waffles down like that," I poked at his chest very hard but jokingly, "waffles are the superior breakfast meal."

All he did in response was shrug with an evil little grin plastered on his face. Glaring at him once more knowing he was joking I lay back down, "the waffle Gods will never let you into their maple syrup heaven."

"Food heaven is better than boring old maple syrup heaven anyways."

"Maple syrup heaven controls food heaven so you are going to gym hell," I tried to win our meaningless fight.

"At least I like the gym too."

"Good."

"Good."

Lion and I talked like idiots on the grass for Moon Gods know how long. It helped me forget Aden and my broken self. I felt happy to know I had so many friends already being here only for two days. I couldn't believe that everything was almost going my way.

Only if Aden was going my way my life would be so much better.

Why do I even try when I am not even fit to be a Luna. I was broken and this big pack needs a strong Luna that can help the pack grow strong. Why doesn't Aden just find another girl to mate with? But I knew the answer to that. His pack goes by the old lore which is if I am alive he has to mate to me to be Alpha.

I felt bad knowing I was the thing keeping him from his title but I couldn't help but not feel worthy of him.

Why should I feel like that when he didn't even care about me anyways.

These thoughts engulfed me as I talked with Lion falling asleep on the dewy grass. I felt at peace but my thoughts did not.

---

Short chapter I know but that is why I'm posting 2 chapters today. Also, I am posting 2 chapters because this book has reached over 1k reads!!!! I know that isn't much but to me that is a lot. I never imagined this book to actually get any attention from anyone.

Thank also for commenting and voting it helps me feel like I am actually doing something right.

-Kiki