Chapter 5 - Hotter than a waffle maker

Alexandria

"What the hell are you doing on the couch!?" My eyes open fast to see an angry Aden standing over me with arms crossed. Seeing him freaked me out causing me to bolt up so I was sitting on the far end of the couch further away from him.

"I-I-I...sorry..." I couldn't speak properly as I shook with fright. What a lovely way to wake up on the first day at a new pack.

Aden realised his mistake fast putting his hands up to show he wouldn't hurt me. Slowly he sat down on the coffee table with hands up, "sorry I shouldn't have yelled I've never had to deal with someone like you before."

I was still shaken and whimpering letting out a little tear. My mate looked so terrifying mad and my wolf was not helping my emotions by pushing more fear into me. I didn't want to be scared of my own damn mate.

But I was.

"Damn I really did fuck up." Aden looked genuinely sorry as he ran his hands through his wonderful sexy bed head hair which I so desperately wanted to run my hands through myself. "Sorry, Alexandria."

Taking a deep breath of his scent I instantly became calmer but fear still laid down low. "Call me Alexa," I whispered not looking into his eyes feeling suddenly embarrassed to look at him with the way he looked. He looked so fucking hot with no shirt on and abs galore. He didn't even have any pants on. He only had his underwear on!

"What's wrong?" He must have noticed my sudden discomfort when I shifted my gaze from him.

"P-please put on some clothes," I mustered up some courage while trying to look him in the eyes and nowhere else. Moon Gods he was hotter than a waffle maker.

He let out a low deep laugh making me shiver in delight and tingle inside. He looked at me with so much emotion I couldn't decipher at all. I wasn't sure if he was happy, sad, angry or bored with me. I hope to the moon Gods that he was happy with me even if I was damaged goods.

Aden got up from the coffee table walking to the closet I saw last night to be his. "You're adorable when you're shy of me like a little mouse," he said while in the closet putting clothes on.

"I'm not a mouse," I grumbled under my breath to shy to say it out loud.

He walked back to me with a plain black shirt and black jeans now on, "even when shy you still got spunk," he chuckled again making me not angry with him calling me a mouse. His chuckle was just so soothing, it's like nothing I've ever heard before. Therapy to my ears and my heart.

If he sounded this good chuckling I will be making a mental note to make me chuckle more often.

I didn't say anything as he sat back where he was before and just looked at him. We stared at each other for a while until I felt comfortable to answer the question he asked when waking me up, "I...um...slept on the couch because I was uncomfortable sleeping on the bed with you."

Aden leaned forward and I scooted further back which was impossible since I was already at the end of the couch. "You really are scared of me?"

"I'm sorry," I looked down to my hands saddened.

"Are you going to reject me?" I could hear the hurt and sadness in his words.

The room was silent with tension as I fought my wolf on the question. She wanted to reject him but I wanted to give him a chance to prove himself. He needed to prove he was going to protect me, he needed to prove that he wouldn't hurt us.

"My wolf wants to," I answered but quickly added before he got upset with me, "but I don't want to." I looked up to him to see a little hope slip into his eyes.