Chapter 13 - Warm waffle feeling

Alexandria

My heart felt as though it had stopped causing me to be unable to breathe right as I stood by the doorway staring at the photo of me. My brain was racing with all types of theories and none of them were peaceful thoughts.

As I tried to control my short ridged breathes I suddenly heard the shower turn off reminding me that Aden was in the shower bring me back into the present time. I don't know what Aden would do if he saw this photo and to be honest, I was scared that Aden would throw me out on the street for bringing my problems to his pack. I was just getting to know him too.

Freaking out I ran back into the room quickly going to my cupboard. Opening my pyjama drawer I shoved the photo under everything before closing it with a heavy sigh. Before leaving my cupboard I quickly threw off my pyjamas and threw on some comfortable clothing.

Once changed I speed-walked out of the room scared to see Aden's face. All I wanted to do was tell him so he can protect me but the fear that he would kick me out was overwhelming. My wolf and my fear overpowered any reassuring thoughts I could ever have for this situation leaving me shaking with hopelessness.

Speed walking down the hall I realized I didn't know where to go. All I wanted to do was go back to bed but Aden was in the room and he already told me that he wasn't working today.

I somehow made it outside of the pack house at the back. There were some of the pack training out in the field and some walking around but I ignored them too preoccupied with my fearful thoughts. Avoiding the eyes of everyone I rushed to the side of the house that had a big tree that I could sit and hide by. I've noticed not many people walk by here but of course the guards.

Sitting by the tree I hugged my legs to my body going through all the possible people that could have taken that photo and not leave a scent behind. I was coming up short with no answers since it was impossible to not have a scent. Even a hedgehog has a scent.

Could it have been those rouges that kidnapped me all those years ago?

That's impossible Nolan killed them...didn't he?

The more I thought of them the more I flashed back to the horrible days. Their faces etched into my brain once again reminding me of the horror they inflicted on me and my mother. My body was trembling with the memories of the slimy scary man that took my childhood from me.

"Alexa?" I unexpectedly heard my name bringing me out of my terrifying memories. Quickly I turned my head in fear that they might be someone I don't know but calmed down a little when I saw that is was just Misti. I was still slightly fearful since I didn't know her all that well but she was Lions mate so I am sure she is no harm to me.

"Are you okay, your shaking." Misti frowned in concern as she crouched down to my level.

I didn't realize I was still shaking and hyperventilating as I hugged my legs to my body. I couldn't even talk I was shaking that much. My vision blurred in and out as I looked up at her shaking my head in answer to her question.

"Um...uh...breath I guess. Don't worry Alexa I'm here now...I won't let anyone hurt you." She tried to comfort me. No matter how uncomfortable she sounded trying to comfort me her last words truly felt real and made me confident that she would protect me if someone tried to harm me at this very moment.

Breathing in slowly I tried to focus on Misti slowly seeing her awkward concerned face. I could easily tell she wanted to be anywhere but here at the moment but at the same time worried about me.

"Sorry." was the first thing I said to her once I knew I was well enough to speak.

She quickly let out a sigh of relief as she plotted herself onto the floor taking in a deep breath as well. "Thank fuck you are okay...I didn't know what to do."