Chapter 12 - Waky waky maple on waffles

Alexandria

I've been sitting in the corner of the damp dark room scared and worried about mummy. She has been gone for a while now and I am worried that something happened to her. They've taken her away before but not for this long. Did they take her away for this long because of the blood down her leg?

Suddenly a loud bang echoed out in the room. Looking up from the corner of the room I was in I saw the big bad man holding mummy. He simply grunted at me before throwing mum onto the ground closing the door behind him with a loud bang.

"Mummy!" I screamed as I scrambled to her almost lifeless body.

Weakly she opened her puffy eyes to look at me and for the first time ever her eyes didn't shine with hope but with the look failure. "I'm so sorry sweetheart I love you so much."

I couldn't think straight as she spoke like she was saying goodbye all I could do it cry as I hugged her weak body. "Mummy please don't go!" I cried as I watched her eyes go weak, "Don't leave me, Mummy, I need you. Mummy, please! Mummy!"

"Alexa wake-up!" A deep sweet voice cried into my head.

My eyes shot open as I woke from the hellish dream I was in, blinded by the sudden light of my room. Although the memories for my mother's death has plagued me for years it never really gets better.

Even though I just woke the nightmare suddenly felt so far away as a warm feeling washed over me like a blanket cocooning me into safety. When my brain finally caught up with my body I realise that the warm blanket wasn't a blanket at all but arms wrapped around my shaky sweaty body. The arms touch tingled and danced on my skin like a warm comforting fire burning my nightmare away.

As comforting as the embrace felt my brain could not help but be on high alert knowing someone was holding me but once I took a deep breath in I realised why the feeling I felt wasn't threatening but soothing. Aden was the one holding me.

"Shhh, little mouse I'm here. It was just a nightmare everything will be alright." Aden cooed causing my tense body to melt into his arms. "Shit little mouse I didn't know your nightmares would be that intense you got my whole pack scared."

The thought of worrying his pack made me tense up just a little. "Don't be scared little mouse I'm here now no one will ever hurt you again," Aden promised while rubbing my arm up and down relaxing my body back into his. I couldn't deny how his body made me feel and I don't think my wolf can deny how she feels too. If this was any other day I would push him off me but right now I couldn't help but need his soothing touch.

In Aden's arms, I felt safe from my memories and I didn't want to move terrified they would find me once again. I let my eyes flutter closed as I rested into Aden's body as my tired body and mind drifted into a much needed dreamless sleep.

-

The first thing I hear is birds chirping and the sound of a soft beating heart. The delightful rhythm almost put me back to sleep but the need to pee was overpowering. Other than the fact I need to pee this has the be the best sleep I have ever had. I don't want to leave this bed and I don't want to leave Aden's arms...

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I remembered what happened last night and who's heart I was listening to. I can't believe I am in Aden's arms right now.

Slowly moving my body I tried to riggle out of his grip but he seems to have a good hold of me. Letting out a long sigh I riggle out my arm and start to poke at Aden's face. "Waky waky maple on waffles," I singsonged.

"Just five more minutes little mouse," Aden muttered softly clinging to my body tighter which didn't help my full bladder.

"If you don't wake up and let me go I'll end up peeing on you," I stated in a matter of fact tone.