Fitting in

Soon the dates with Chad were more frequent and we were now boyfriend-girlfriend

Chad introduced me to all his friends and I was finally fitting in!

I began to wear clothes that weren't really my style (above) but I didn't care because they were what I needed to be popular. I wasn't talking to Ned as much or hanging out with the other villian kids because they weren't popular like me.

One day I was trying to find my friends when I bumped into Ned.

"Watch where you're going!" I barked at him.

He looked surprised "Sorry."

"Whatever," I said picking up the book I had dropped.

"Ziniba what's happening to you? You're not the same."

"What do you care? We're not siblings."

"Ziniba your even wearing any green! That is so not like you."

"I'm happier this way."

"But you don't seem as happy as you were hanging out with us."

"I'm trying to fit in, Ned, you should try to do the same."

He looked hurt "I have been trying."

"Really?" I asked rudely "If you are why do you look like you got picked up out of the gutter at the Isle." I motioned to his messed up hair and not so neat clothes.

He looked like I had just stabbed him in the stomach "Ziniba I-".

"Oh shut up!" I said then "I have friends and I don't need you or any other of the VKs. I'm good now and have completely left my past behind me." I then walked away leaving Ned sitting there stunned.

I didn't care if I hurt his feelings.

To fit in I told people that my mom was a hyena and I also wore makeup to hide the scar.

Evie tied to talk to me a few times and tried telling me that Chad was using me to get homework done and in the end he was going to break my heart, but I didn't listen.

It was good I was fitting in. The VKs should be happy for me. They were probably really jealous because I was popular and they weren't. Right?

Harry had been right.