Ned's Ears and Staying in Auradon

"That was stupid, Ziniba! Very stupid!" Genevieve yelled as she let the Rebel Vks into our room.

I was shaking badly.

"I know. It just felt... good."

"We really don't care how good it felt," Genevieve snapped "We may have just given up our chance to get the wand. Harry's gonna tell them everything!"

Ned shook his head.

"Harry isn't a traitor, just a playboy."

"You're right," I sighed "I suppose we'll let him stay with the Rebel Vks. That's if he doesn't tell. Gil, would you tell him?"

Gil, of course, wasn't paying attention. Instead at that moment as we turned our attention to him, he was quietly asking Ned a question that we all heard quite clearly.

"Ned, do you have hyena ears?"

Ned started with surprise than started trembling.

"H-how did you know?"

"When you bit Harry the top of your beanie went backward and the bite was shaped like a dog bite."

We all stared at Ned. He shrunk under our gaze then slowly pulled his beanie and trench coat off.

On the top of his head were two large roundish ears with coarse fur. Out of the small of his back, a tail about two feet long grew.

"Ned!" I whispered, "What did you do?"

I grew faint and fell backward. Tony caught me. I was breathing heavily. Nightmares flashed before my eyes.

Cages. Growls. Guns.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Ned cried as he quickly knelt by me "It was an accident! A side effect of the potion! I'm sure it'll wear off!"

I opened my eyes.

"I hope it does and it doesn't get worst." I lifted my hand and stroked his ears gently. "They are cute though."

Ned smiled.

"They'll go away," he promised.

"I hope so."

He helped me to my feet.

"We need to establish some sort of connection here in Auradon that will keep us here long enough to get our hands on the wand," I said.

We thought about it for a moment then Genevieve's face grew darker and she giggled evilly.

"Sinbad," she said.

"I don't think Sinbad will help us," I said, "No matter how much he wants me to sing at Mal's birthday party."

"Maybe not. But he would use it as an excuse!" Genevieve's fingers played with the tips of her hair like she would when she was thinking.

"But why would he help us?" Ned asked her.

"Because he's going to fall in love with Ziniba."

We looked at her like she was crazy.

"That's a small chance," I said.

"We can make it larger." Genevieve was beginning to look like her mom.

"How?"

"Same way Mal made Ben like her."

"But the recipe is in her spell book which is in the museum," I pointed out, "Besides I'm not gonna have a brainless, half-fish male drooling over me."