Harry's Mistake

Genevieve finally was able to make me wear a green lace dress but I insisted on wearing black pants underneath with some black and green combat boots.

It wasn't a formal event just Ben surprising his mom with a birthday party.

Our group consisted of Lou, Tony, Genevieve, Ned, and I.

Ned had changed his jacket and was looking less K-9-ish.

We arrived and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who stole a hungry glance at the wand in a glass case on a table.

"Are we gonna get it?" Lou asked.

I shook my head. "No, not tonight. Too many people that are waiting for it."

We spread out so that people wouldn't eye us so much.

"May I have this dance?" someone asked.

I turned to see Sinbad.

Ned appeared at my side.

"'Course she will! Won't you, Ziniba?" he turned to Sinbad and fake whispered, "By the way she can't dance."

I sent Ned a dirty look as Sinbad said he'd teach me and led me to the dance floor.

"So-" Sinbad started.

"On the contrary, I am a wonderful dancer," I snapped, "Do you know how to waltz?"

Sinbad nodded.

We began to dance all over the floor carefully avoiding the other dancers and making a grand show. I intentionally kept him moving and kept skillfully doing spins so that I wouldn't get dizzy.

Finally, Sinbad had to stop because he was too winded to continue and I tossed a victorious look at Ned.

On the other side of the room, Harry appeared through a door and looked around then made a bee-line for the wand. I tried to make my way through all the people to catch him but Lou, who was closer, saw him and grabbed his arm, stopping him a few feet from the table. Harry tried yanking away but sent Lou sprawling into the table with the wand. Glass crashed everywhere.

I reached Lou. He was gasping heavily, bleeding, and grasping his side.

Harry disappeared as the crowd moved in.

Tony and Genevieve also rushed forward.

We were too busy with Lou that we didn't notice the wand a little bit away until Lafou snatched it up and handed it to Fairy Godmother.

"Is he okay?" "Did you see that?" "He was trying to steal it!" "Someone in the royal staff too!" I heard people say around us.

By the look on Fairy Godmother's face, I could tell Lou was in huge trouble.

"Lou!" Fairy Godmother said stiffly, "I would expect as much from some of the new villain children but you! It's shameful!"

"It was Harry's fault!" I stated, "Lou was trying to stop him."

"Is that true, Lou?" Fairy Godmother asked.

Lou was keeping tears back. He was in a lot of pain but he shook his head.

"I was trying to steal it. I wanted to be more than a wimpy servant," he lied "None of the Vks or Rebel Vks had anything to do with it."

I looked at him with surprise. Lou was trying to get in trouble to get us out of it.

"If what you say is true," King Ben said stepping forward, "Than because of your breaking of the Auradon school rules as well as the rules of an Auradon servant I have no other choice but to fire you from my staff."

"And you also are expelled from Auradon High School," Fairy Godmother said, finishing the punishment.