Tricking Naive People is Easy

Ben pov

I could not believe Ziniba. I trusted her and she took that trust and ripped it apart just like a lion. Maybe it wasn't smart trusting the daughter of a lion.

When I got to Mal's room Mal opened the door and looked surprised.

"Ben, what are you doing here?" Mal opened the door wider and pulled me in then closed the door. Evie, Carlos, Jay, and Dizzy were all there.

"What's going on?" I asked

"We wanted to talk to Ziniba about her breakup with Chad," said Mal.

I smacked my hand to my forehead and mentally cursed myself for being so stupid.

"What's wrong, Ben?" Carlos asked.

"Ziniba and Ned have gone back to the Isle," I said.

Everyone looked at me shocked except for Dizzy who was busily sketching a design.

"How?" Evie asked.

"She convinced me Mal had gone to the Isle and then after I gave her the keys to one of the limos and the barrier button and then she said that she got a text from Mal and I'd better go talk to her."

"That was the dumbest thing you have ever done, Ben," Dude said.

"She probably just misses the place and is mad at Chad. We can convince her to come back," Jay said.

"Did anyone know Ziniba was going to do this?" Mal turned to the rest of the VKs.

They all shook their heads except for Dizzy who was intently studying her sketch.

"Diz?" Evie said.

Dizzy mumbled something.

"What?" I asked.

"I may have gotten her ready to go," Dizzy said quietly.

"How?" Mal asked.

"She did Ziniba's hair, makeup, and helped her pick out an outfit." Dude piped up jumping off of Carlos' lap.

Dizzy glared at Dude.

"But why?" I asked.

"I didn't know what she was doing. I'm sorry." She looked like she was going to cry.

"It's fine," Evie pulled her into a hug.

"Let's talk to their roommates," Carlos suggested.

*******Time skip******

"You can't find them anywhere?" I asked in frustration.

"Yep," Jay answered.

I sat down in my chair and moaned then rang for a servant.

"Do you think they went with them?" Carlos asked.

"Genevieve maybe but I don't know about Tony."

Just then Ludwig appeared. He looked scared.

"You called sir?"

"Yes, were is Fairy Godmother?"

"In the library, I'll go get her." He started to leave but I called after him.

"Wait, Ludwig."

He turned around. "Yes, sir?" He looked as white as paper and was shaking like a piece of paper in the wind.

"What's wrong?"

He bit his lip and pulled out a folded parchment from his yellow coat pocket and handed it to me.