The Invincibles

"I don't get it, Jungkook. Why are you so intent on capturing that little ice prince?" Hoseok, one of Jungkook's closest friends asks with curiosity.

The younger - concentrated on slashing through the cotton dummies with his sword - simply ignored him and continued stabbing at the target hearts without a word.

Hoseok released a frustrated sigh and swiftly swung his own sword so that it hit Jungkook's and sent it flying the other direction.

"Don't ignore me!" 

Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms. "It has nothing to do with you, hyung, so just leave it."

"Seriously? This is the one thing you never told me ever since we became friends four years ago. Ever since you joined the royal knights, you've been so resolved in finding Park that you didn't notice it's been making you stronger each day," Hoseok stated suspiciously.

"I know he's the most wanted criminal...but I've got a feeling it's more than just that to you. Just who is he to you, Jeon Jungkook?"

Jungkook tensed, suddenly remembering that day, and he couldn't help but clench his fists tightly by his sides. 

Everything that happened before then withered into nothingness - their friendship, their love, their memories.

He hated Jimin. He hated him so much that he wanted to destroy him with his bare hands.

"It's none of your business, understood?" He asserted lowly in his commanding voice.

After that, Hoseok didn't bring the topic back up, knowing the general had the capability of kicking him out of the royal knights.

Rood completely ruined by the other, Jungkook whisked out of the practice room and sauntered through the marble corridors with a blank expression hugging his face. As he was passing the kitchen, a certain pink-haired male with broad shoulders and handsome face called out to him.

"Good evening, General Jeon!" The tall male waved and smiled.

"Good evening, Jin-hyung." Jungkook greeted back, making his way towards the other, who was serving himself a strawberry parfait. 

"So how's your job going? You've managed to capture every criminal assigned to you so far. I'm impressed." Jin voiced as he took a spoonful of the parfait.

Jungkook smiled bitterly. 

All except one...

"It's nothing really. I've trained hard to obtain this position. I don't plan on losing it anytime soon," he responded.

Jin chuckled, "Of course, nobody can take the almighty Jeon's spot. I only wish I was as skilled and talented as you."

Jungkook gently tapped his hyung's shoulder. "I think you're one of the best here, Jin-hyung. There's no need for you to feel remorse."

"Thanks, Jungkook. You're definitely one hell of a kid though, taking the general spot at such a young age."

"That's true, but I guess it doesn't matter at this point. I'm old enough to lead an entire army, no?"

"Mhmm. Now if you excuse me, I'd like to finish this parfait before I head to work."

Jungkook nodded and left the older, striding across the glossy floor and to his living quarters in the other building. Once he entered his bedroom and shut the door behind him, he sighed and collapsed onto his bed.

Many unwanted thoughts began to occupy his mind - thoughts on a certain ice prince.

It's the first time Jungkook's gotten to take a good look at Jimin in four years...and the latter has changed quite a bit.