Dangerous Mission

Jimin woke up to the sound of someone rapping their knuckles loudly against the door. He groaned in annoyance and slowly sat up, eyes adjusting to the brightness of the sunlight from the windows. His feet made contact with the cold floor as he wobbled over to the door with tussled hair.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Taehyung grinned when he opened the door.

Jimin glared at him and turned back around to go back to bed, but the other male had already grabbed his shoulder.

"Come on, Jimin. Boss has a new mission for us two. Namjoon can't make it cause he's temporarily cut off from any job after that incident." 

Sighing, Jimin rubbed his face and blinked tiredly at his best friend. "Why can't some other unit do it? There's Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O., Jaebum..."

Taehyung shook his head apologetically. "Sorry, man. The job's on us. Besides, everyone else is already on their new missions."

"...Fine. Just give me fifteen minutes to get ready."

"Alright. Have fun!"

"Get out, you punk."

By the time Jimin had washed up and got dressed in his usual black clothing, the sun had already risen. He left his dorm room and headed towards the intersection point where he'd have to cross to enter the meeting room.

Along the way, Taehyung joined him, carrying a slimy, green frog in his hands.

"Look, Jimin! I found a frog!" 

The older rolled his eyes and continued striding across the glossy tiles, not even greeting back the people who were greeting him.

"I named her 'Tina' because that's the name of this girl I knew in the past. It reminded me of her," Taehyung continued rambling as he tried to keep up with Jimin's fast pace.

"Taehyung, I don't care about your stupid frog. Throw it away." Jimin scowled as they entered a long, busy hallway.

The boy gasped. "That's rude! You hurt Tina's feelings!"

Jimin was so done with this kid.

"Tina is just a frog. It can not understand human language, and it can not feel any emotional pain. Scientifically proven."

Taehyung just shrugged and gave the frog to a random boy passing by with a small pout.

"Please take care of Tina for me. We've been good friends for a long time."

"They've met for thirty seconds. Feel free to do what you want with it." Jimin added callously  before grabbing his friend and dragging him away, leaving the confused boy behind.

Finally, they reached the boss's office and knocked on the mahogany frame.

"Come in." A voice said, and they pushed open the door.

The room was vast with cold, blue lights, tall bookshelves, and file cabinets holding many valuable information protecting the black walls. In the back stood a simple desk with a lamp shining over the spread files.

Jimin and Taehyung closed the door behind them and made their way towards the man sitting in the chair behind the desk. He peered up at them with his sharp gaze and moved his hands so that his bony fingers were interlacing in front of him.

"Good morning, boss!" Taehyung grinned, waving his hand enthusiastically.

The man just ignored him and began speaking.

"I called you two here to give you your new mission - if you had not already known. So here it is," he said calmly while leaning back against his chair. "The target is Choi Yunseok, a royal knight."