Ash & Rose

"N-No! Please, don't kill me! I didn't do anything wrong!" The woman cried as she backed away from the dark figure in fear.

Jimin walked forward until she was backed up against the wall of her kitchen. His gaze was merciless and apathetic as he lifted the gun to her trembling head.

"At least leave my baby alone!" She sobbed pathetically.

Jimin briefly glanced at the silent crib on the left before pulling the trigger - no sign of hesitation present in his moves. He watched the skinny body fall to the floor, blood trailing out of the hole in her head. 

"Target eliminated," he whispers impassively and walked carefully to the wooden crib that rocked slowly against the tiles. He peered down at the sleeping baby who was wrapped in blankets and stuffed toys. Now the small child was all alone because both his mother and his father were dead.

Jimin reached a hand inside the crib and delicately stroked the baby's supple cheek. It squirmed in discomfort, shivering from the coldness of his touch. 

Such a shame... Now you'll be all alone - motherless, fatherless.

He pulled away and walked out of the now reticent house. He never looked back.

-

Taehyung rambled quietly behind his partner in the darkness of the night. They were walking along the long, empty train track with only the sound of their feet crunching through the sand and pebbles.

"So," Taehyung began, breaking the silence easily, "Did you complete your mission?"

Jimin released a bitter laugh as he moved without looking back. "I wouldn't call it a mission anymore. More like a slaughter."

The lightning mage formed a thin line with his lips. A moment of silence passed before he spoke once more. "Hey, Jimin." 

The other hummed in response.

"How do you kill people without any hesitation and not feel anything afterwards? I know I kill a lot too, but I always feel a slight twinge of guilt after. Don't you?"

Jimin answered with a tone that Taehyung couldn't interpret. "...I don't know, Tae. Guilt...is something I can't afford to feel after already doing the job."

The sentence somehow settled in the taller notably and with a strange feeling attached.

What happened, I wonder. Taehyung thought. What happened in the past to make him so...cold. Was he always like this? A born murderer? Even Taehyung - who suffered and merely wanted to bring justice to the world - never thought that he had to kill to achieve his goals. He at least had a piece of humanity residing in him.

Jimin was simply a heartless murderer who treated all his targets the same no matter age or gender. He had no motive, no personal reason to kill. And because of this, everyone working under the boss fears him except Taehyung.

The sound of a train hooting from far behind got the duo to leap off the tracks and walk along the grass. They traveled as the long vehicle whooshed past, shining its fluorescent lights upon them from its windows.

"There's going to be a war, isn't there?" Tae inquired, and Jimin sighed.

"Unfortunately. Sometimes, I wonder if everything we're doing is worth it. Will it change anything? Will it make things worse?"

Taehyung smiled before jogging over and wrapped an arm around the smaller's shoulders. "I'm sure what we're doing is for the best. If only everyone knew. They'd be on their knees, bowing!"