Heart Break

"That one looks good!"

"This one? So who are you planning on marrying, kid?"

"Eh, it's none of your business..."

"Oh children these days."

"He's very special to me though, and I hope he'll accept it!"

"I'm sure he will..."

-

Jimin gently placed his small hand in Jungkook's, who curled his fingers around the other with a smile. Jungkook didn't let go as he pulled the older into a purposeful hug. He could feel Jimin's hands deliberately warming up the longer they stayed together.

"No matter what happens," he whispered, "I'll never let you be alone again. I'll never let anything hurt you."

Jimin clutched the back of his shirt tightly while inhaling the younger's scent. "Why are you acting like I'm the only one who gets hurt in this relationship?" He asked in a quiet tone. "You get hurt too."

"Yeah, but you matter more."

Jimin chuckled and pulled away just a little so that he could stare into the other's beautiful, amber eyes. He could see his own arctic ones in the reflections, both so full of emotions. A small smile pulled at the corner of his lips as he softly brushed his fingers across Jungkook's cheek. "I'm sorry. I hurt you again." He says sadly. "You're always there for me, but I feel like I'm never there for you. I'm so stupid..." His forehead bumps helplessly against Jungkook's firm chest.

"It's okay. You just being close to me makes me the happiest man alive." Jungkook snickers.

Jimin bit his plush bottom lip and almost clawed at Jungkook's shirt to express his guilt.

"I'll be the one protecting you, Jungkook." He promised earnestly. His eyes were half-lidded and his lashes were pressed against the other's body. "You...don't know how much you matter to me."

The younger's heart fluttered as he felt another flower of warmth bloom in his chest. "After this war, we'll finally be together. We'll get married and travel the world together, just the two of us." He declared with shimmering eyes. 

Jimin laughed, "Hopefully..." A thought sprung up in his mind as he continued to observe the interesting shade of red in Jungkook's pupils. "Hey, do you think our eyes change color when we're feeling intense emotions or experiencing a surge of power?"

The younger blinked. "Well, that would seem highly reasonable. That would make a lot of sense actually."

No more words were exchanged as they carried on on their journey through the forest.

The slow snowfall began to aggravate into a storm as the two mages hiked through the forest. It was getting hard to see through the punishing blizzard and harsh winds that shoved them around.

Jungkook was holding onto Jimin's hand securely as the two stuck close together. His teeth chattered from the cold and his skin was turning blue from numbness. 

"You okay?" Jimin asked above the howling of the wind. His silver hair fluttered wildly in the icy gale, but he showed no sign of affliction.

Jungkook, unable to open his mouth from the cold, merely nodded before heaving himself forward. The wind sliced at every inch of skin and through every pore like needles.

It felt like hours until they reached the towering castle gates that were left wide open from intrusion. Eyes stinging, Jungkook pushed through the entrance doors with Jimin behind him and used all his strength to slam them back shut. Immediately, the warmth of the large room hit his body like a rush of flames.