Nightmarish Memory

"Chim Chim!" The little boy dashed through the lush spring grass and to the magnolia tree, where his crush was waiting patiently.

"Kookie, you're a minute and twenty three seconds late!" The older scowled playfully as Jungkook stopped to rest in front of him.

"Sorry..." He pouted. Jimin's face softened as he hugged the other, chuckling. "It's okay. I forgive you...but you must do whatever I ask you to do for the rest of the day! You will be my royal servant."

Jungkook groaned but complied to his orders. "Okay okay, your highness."

Jimin sported a large, toothy grin and pointed to the ground evilly. "First, bow down to your king."

Rolling his eyes, the younger did as he said and got on the ground, bending over in a dramatic pose. "Yes, your highness."

Giggling, Jimin patted his back, "Now carry me!" 

Jungkook smiled and allowed the older to climb over his back; he stood and hooked his arms behind him to secure Jimin. "Anything else, your highness?"

Jimin was glad the boy couldn't see him because he was blushing a bright pink while holding on tightly. He shook his head and leaned his head forward so his chin was resting on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Just...walk around and enjoy the forest with me."

Chuckling, Jungkook followed his orders and walked ever so slowly along the flower path that led into the sea of nature beyond their secret meeting place. His feet snapped over twigs and crunched through the fallen leaves; the sound of the nightingales singing reflected above.

The two boys indeed enjoyed the beautiful sound and sight of nature, the touch on their skin brought upon by the delicate wind. It was as if they could feel the spirit of the forest gyrate around them playfully and innocently.

Soon, Jimin broke the comfortable silence with a question that made Jungkook stop in his tracks.

"Kookie...when will we ever see each other's families?"

Jungkook gnawed on his lip as he forced himself to keep walking, steps now frigid and almost robotic. 

"We don't have to do that, Chim... Why would you want to see my family anyway?"

Jimin tilted his head to the side. "Because after all these months of meeting in the same place every day, we've never actually been to each other's homes. Actually, I don't even know where you live, now to think of it!" He exclaimed in realization.

Jungkook moved his gaze to the forest floor. "Well, we're better off just doing this, right? Things are fine the way they are, with no one to bother us and tell us what to do. We're free."

The older huffed a bit and smiled. "But it'd be nice to see your home. Your family is so lucky to have someone like you." 

Jungkook halted to a stop for the second time - this time, his arms slowly slipped so that Jimin was on his feet again, the boy frowning with confusion. "Kookie?"

The younger boy closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could never let Jimin know. He could never let him find out. When he reopened his eyes, his body was now an adult's, his armor set around his shoulders and torso. 

Jungkook turned around and found no one there.

"Chim? Jiminie?" He frowned and whirled around in all directions.