Who's Side Are You On?

*Important! Read author's note at the bottom!"

-

Jungkook wrapped his fingers around the metal bars of the cell, peering down at the smaller figure who hid himself within the shadows.

"I'm not giving up on you." He repeated more firmly.

Jimin remained as still and silent as a statue.

Now that I've found you again, Jungkook thought, determined, there's no way I'll let you go again.

Not again.

Jimin waited for the other to leave, which only happened ten minutes after that long silence. As soon as he heard the door click shut, he released a shaky breath and brought his shackled hand up to his chest.

"Jimin, are you okay?" Taehyung finally asked with worry.

The older nodded, even though his friend probably couldn't see.

From the other side of the narrow hall, Taehyung walked up to the front of his own cell and sat on his knees; the thick, obsidian chains slid across the ground noisily as he did so.

The lightning mage sighed heavily. "It's getting harder and harder to pretend isn't it, Chim?"

Jimin shut his eyes and hummed in response. The dull ache in his head pulsed in a slow, menacing beat.

-

King Jiyong stood soundly in front of the council and knights. He glared cold-heartedly at the two boys who've caused them so much trouble in the past.

"Park Jimin. Kim Taehyung." He admonishes with glacial vehemence. "This is your time to confess. We know you're a part of the revolutionary forces. Now speak."

Taehyung fidgets slightly beside Jimin, who merely gazed up at the king with boredom. They refused to comply to his orders.

Jiyong narrowed his eyes and signaled the guards behind the two. Immediately, one of them came forward and kicked Taehyung harshly behind the knees. The boy fell ungracefully onto the marble floor with a small grunt. The other guard went to strike Jimin behind the head, but the other easily tilted his head so that the sword hilt missed.

"Enough!" Jiyong growled and the guards stepped back.

Jimin smiled icily, his composure so calm and carefree that everyone in the room felt unease.

"Speak. This will be the first time any of us truly hear your voices."

Jimin eyed his bound hands behind his back and back up at the seething king. 

"What do you wish to hear, your majesty?" He questions sarcastically.

King Jiyong raises his eyebrows and crossed his arms across his chest. "What is your reason for killing all these innocent people. Who's side are you really on?"

Jimin slowly moved his eyes across the room until they met Jungkook's. The moment they locked gazes, Jungkook widened his eyes and Jimin looked away.

The king noticed the small interaction and ordered Jungkook to come by his side. The general listened obediently without lifting his eyes off the criminal.

"You must have things to say, general. I'll give you this chance to voice your thoughts."

Jungkook waited for Jimin to look at him again, so when he did, he felt the rush of adrenaline spread inside him.