Lives that Matter

I laughed at how many comments were reported in the last chapter \(>.<)/

-

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Jungkook!"

The boy's eyes ripped open and the first thing he saw was Jin and Yoongi's worried face. Immediately, he sat up from the ground and tried to speak, but his throat felt as dry as sand. He noticed his face was completely wet from tears, and the muscles around his mouth hurt.

"Oh thank god!" Jin gasped in relief. "You've been screaming and crying for a long time after that weird man appeared. You really had us worried there."

Still shaken from what he believed was real, Jungkook sat frozen while eyeing the ongoing battle around him.

They're all still alive.

Before he could completely relax, his mind pinpointed on one thought.

But what about Jimin?

"J-Jimin." He croaked and stood shakily, searching the chaotic land for the small mage. "Jimin!"

Then a gust of cold air brushed past him and he turned quickly to see the smaller standing right beside him, perfectly fine and alive.

"What - "

Jimin didn't get to finish his sentence as the younger grabbed him and held him in a tight embrace, burying his face in the smaller's shoulder. He blinked twice and noticed Jungkook shaking like a leaf.

His frozen heart cracked a little.

"I'm so glad. I'm so glad, oh my god..." Jungkook whispers breathlessly.

A bit of the old Jimin rose to the surface, and the mage softly combed his fingers through the younger's dark locks. "...C'mon. They're almost here."

Jungkook lifted his head and cast a wary look at the still approaching army. They were about a hundred meters away.

The ground shook violently from the heavy footsteps, tiny pebbles jumping in the air with every stomp. The closer they got, the more Jungkook's heart pounded against his ribs.

Fifty meters.

"We can do this," Jin breathed beside him with both hands gripping his sword tightly, "Don't give up. We can do this."

Twenty meters.

Jungkook stood up straight and allowed the adrenaline to pulse through his veins. Bits of flames popped around him as he forced the magic to whirl in his heated blood.

Ten meters.

Now. He took a step forward and stretched his mouth open in a unsaid command. But all of the sudden, there was a distinct cracking sound that thundered across the atmosphere, and the ground underneath their feet suddenly splintered into many pieces. A series of destruction created chaos, and the Anarchs yelled in surprise.

Jungkook stared in astonishment as the massive crowd rapidly went down like flies. The deep fissure created a thick line between them, stretching across the land like a fork of lightning. Three indistinguishable shadows made their way out of the sweeping dust and gravel with familiar auras breaching the air.