The Rescue

"H-How c-come I d-don't have a m-mommy or daddy?"

"I don't know, Ara, but don't worry. You're not alone anymore."

"B-But I h-have no f-family..."

"I'm your family. I'll be the biggest, strongest brother you can ever have!"

"Hehehe, y-you're so funny, b-big brother! I l-love you!"

"I love you too, Ara."

-

Many hours flew by, and Jungkook had no luck of finding out where Jimin could possibly be kept. He searched almost every alley and empty building, but no luck.

"Damn it!" He screamed as he slammed his fist against the brick wall beside him.

Jimin...I swear I'll save you. Just stay strong for me a little longer.

Just as Jungkook was about to leave the empty alleyway, he heard soft voices whispering to each other around the corner.

"Did you hear? Lord Daesung is planning on killing King Jiyong and Taeyang himself. He said he's going to end them both in the throne room of the Imperial castle so he can claim the throne."

"Seriously? He really is amibtious, isn't he? This war is definitely ours. These imperial scum don't have a chance against our army."

Jungkook's eyes widened and adrenaline rushed through his veins as he swiftly turned the corner and spotted two men talking against the wall.

They were Imperial knights...or at least they pretended to be.

"G-General!" One of them gasped as both stood straight up in alarm.

If looks could kill, the one Jungkook was giving was doing its job. Slowly, the ground beneath his feet began to glow from the unintentional heat emitting from his body.

"You two," he raved lowly, "I have to say, I'm very disappointed."

The two men both cowered against the wall with eyes full of fear.

Jungkook then launched forward, grabbed both by the throat, and slammed them violently against the brick wall. His eyes narrowed into gleaming, ember slits as he dug his nails into their flesh.

"Agh!" Both choked in pain, and the fire mage leaned close in between them.

"Now tell me," Jungkook whispered menacingly, "Where is Jimin?"

-

Daesung was in the middle of a meeting with his army in the vast room at the very top of the tall building before they heard an immense explosion from below. The entire building shook violently, startling them all.

"What's going on?!" Someone yelled as they waited for their leader to tell them what to do.

Daesung growled darkly and quickly made his way to the stairs. "Move out! Kill whoever set his foot in this building!"

Everyone scattered and made their way to the bottom of the building, the explosions going off continuously.

-

Jungkook busted through the door leading to the secret floor below and he basically flew down the stairs and across the dim hallway until he reached another single door that rested at the very end. He slowed down to a stop and placed a hand on the handle.

What if it's too late? What if he's already...

No. Jimin is alive. He refused to believe otherwise.