1- "The Hunter Cartel"

Author's note: Making a quick announcement because I KNOW it's coming. Please please PLEASE do not ask me for Iris. No Iris does not appear in this chapter or the first few chapters for that matter. So no 'can we hear about Iris?' 'When you gonna give her a pov?' I know you like certain characters but why won't they show up right away? Simple, their pov is not important to the story as of right now. Plus you guys have to remember, this book is JUST starting. Every character from the last book is not going to show up in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd chapters. You have to give me time to get to them. Don't worry, when I say Iris isn't coming the first couple of chapters, I don't mean she's gonna pop up all the way at chapter seven, she's just not coming in the beginning beginning. But very soon. Remember how the first book connected? That's what I'm trying to do here. So you have to give me a chance. Plus there are new characters so they have to get a chance to be in the story as well. Thank you guys!

Dallas, Texas

          Cilia groaned as she rested the left side of her face on the toilet seat, pouting. Her head was spinning and she felt like she was about to die. Her stomach pained her dangerously and at the moment she swore she would never do this again. Her cherry painted toes kept wiggling to make her feel like she had some sort of control over her nauseousness.

          Looking up from his cellphone, Allele sucked his teeth and quickly rested the device on the sink top when he saw Cilia slumped over. He stepped over her, one foot on her left side and the other on her right as he lifted her up. "Cil come on man, don't put your face on the toilet seat."

          "I'm dying."

          "You're not dying, you just drunk. Come on, get up." He said trying to get her to stand up properly. She was drunk off her toes, something that had been happening very often with her in the last couple of weeks.

          As soon as Cilia stood up she began dry heaving. She dropped back down and Allele rubbed her back. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, rich brown strands hanging down behind her and a long gray t-shirt that was two times her size, coming down to her knees like an oversized dress.

          After a moment of not being able to let anything in her stomach go, Cilia got up and buried her face in Allele's chest, clutching his t-shirt. Her life had completely changed after only a month. After being found by her triplet, she had gotten reunited with her family and was now being protected by them; a dangerous group of people who ran an organized crime ring called the Hunter cartel. However, she still had a court date pending due to her past. She and Allele, and because of that, knowing there was a chance she could potentially be going back to prison, or Allele for that matter, it scared her. It horrified her.