32 - "Blue Burgundy"

Troy ran his thick fingers through Locus' soft caramel brown hair. "You're so problematic, Lo."

Not many people would be attracted to the idea of being with Locus. She was beautiful, but she lived in a world where everything had to be about her. And if you weren't willing to make her your number one, then it was no way in hell you could ever be with her. She was egocentric. She wasn't the type that minded if you had love for someone else, just as long as it wasn't more than the love you had for her.

Troy held her up by her ass, her hands wrapped around his neck. She was feeling really vulnerable. He sighed, walking throughout her house as he walked up the stairs one by one, holding her. "Stop moping, your family doesn't hate you Locus. They're just upset. Shooting up a funeral home is really crazy, especially when your own people were in there."

They shouldn't have even been there, that's how she felt. If they really had her back then why would they even be supporting Arnell? She was their blood and they allowed that mutt to disrespect her. Troy tried to rest her on the bed but like a little kid she wrapped her legs around him and squeezed tighter, singling she didn't want to be put down. She was either crying or didn't want him to see her in such a vulnerable state.

"Lo baby it's okay. You just live and learn—"

"My mother called me a disappointment...Why would she say something like that? My dad said he was ashamed of me...Lotus said he hated me. Why doesn't anybody love me anymore?"

Troy instead sat down on the bed, so she was straddling his lap, facing him. Her face was still buried in his neck, feeling like the whole world was against her.

"You see where I'm at right now. I dropped everything I was doing and got on a nine hour flight from McAllen, Texas to Ohio just because you called me and asked me to come. I didn't even ask why, so don't do that, ma. You know there's people that care about you."

Locus didn't say anything, she was too hurt too. She didn't know it but Troy called her family up so they could sit down and talk with her. He thought it would be good for both sides. He knew it didn't have anything to do with him; he didn't even get in Raina's family drama and they've been on and off for years, but seeing Locus so sad wasn't doing it for him.

"My cousins would be looking at me crazy if they knew how you had me right now." He admitted. He'd been hanging out with his family at the time when she called him to come down.