27 - "Confession"

The car ride to Ohio was extremely quiet as Bonnie and Cilia sat inside his silver Murano jeep. He had a more fancy car but he wanted to be inconspicuous, mostly because he had a gun in the car and he wanted to blend in. He didn't need police stopping him on the eight hour drive to Locus' house.

Yori's "Lovable" played from the car's speakers. It was a song Cilia had never heard before, but it was catchy. Allele would be a little late arriving at Locus' spot because he had business to handle in New York still, so he made sure Cilia was alright with Bonnie taking her, before he asked. They were seven hours and some time into the drive and only had about twenty minutes away from their destination.

Neither had said a word to each other, it was actually the first time Bonnie had ever really been this close to Cilia. Locus was his boss so he knew her well and he's had to babysit Iris on a couple of occasions, but he never really dealt with Cilia. He only saw her around sometimes. She was much more quiet than her twin sisters, that was for sure. Due to her past crimes though, he knew looks could be deceiving.

He glanced over at her, watching her looking out the window with a hand under her chin, strapped in. He didn't mean too but he chuckled and it caught Cilia's attention. He looked away but her amber eyes already caught him. She didn't say anything but her face said it all, she wanted to know what was so funny. Despite the cold weather, the heat was on full blast, so the car was toasty.

Bonnie licked his lips, he wasn't flirting, it was just a habit he picked up since he was in grade school. "You wear seat belts?"

Cilia glanced at him and saw he wasn't wearing one so there was no need to return the question. She looked at him, he was a pretty handsome guy. She could tell off the bat he was a major flirt, probably had a baby mother or if not, a few girls in his call log. The type she would personally never go for. She couldn't stand a man that needed a harem of women.

"Yes I use seat belts. My life isn't that bad yet."

Bonnie laughed at the joke, as he turned back to the highway. He honestly didn't think seat belts were all that good. They could actually end up doing more damage in a car accident than saving. He's been in a car accident before with some friends a couple years ago. The only guy who had on a seat belt was the one that got killed. The seatbelt choked him to death.

"I hear you," Bonnie said, turning it to regular radio. Mary J. Blige was playing but he wasn't into R&B really so he changed it. "My bad, unless were you listening to that?"