31 - "Heartbreaker"

Breeze's stride was much stronger than the hesitant tread Cilia walked with. He walked into his condo, dropping his car keys on the table. The first thing he did was turn on the television, turning it to a local station. He sat down and began to watch as there was now a live coverage at the funeral home that Locus's goons just shot up.

Cilia cautiously looked around the room as if it had invisible land mines set up. Her heart was beating rapidly, the insides of her palms getting a little sweaty. It felt so surreal to be here with Breeze, it'd been more then a year since they've laid eyes on each other, now they were in the same room. The last time they left off it was on a bad foot, so Breeze's sudden act to help her had Cilia very wary.

"Your sister is too reckless." Breeze said, snapping Cilia out of her thoughts.

She looked at him and he was looking at her. He could see she was spooked, but not about the shooting. Breeze looked back at the television, low key hoping they had caught her bitch ass fiancé there before he had a chance to flee, but as he listened police said there weren't but a few people there once officers arrived. Two people got caught in the crossfire and one died.

"Why haven't you called your people yet?" Breeze asked.

"I dropped my phone." Cilia said so low he barely heard her. Watching such a mousy version of her was strange for Breeze. She always had attitude and would be ready for war no matter what the situation was.

He noticed that she hadn't asked to use his phone and honestly he wouldn't let her. He wanted Allele to sweat, fuck him. He wanted the nigga to lose his mind, wondering what was happening to Cilia. Breeze continued to watch the television, just in case they would get an update on the story.

Cilia stayed close to the front door the whole time, looking around the living room. She noticed how unaffected he seemed about the death of his girlfriend, or whoever the woman was. This whole drama had something to do with him, she's heard the stories through her family. About him sleeping with one of the close cartel member's women, or something to that extent. A person she never remembered Breeze to be.

Cilia looked at the back of his head, thinking about their last encounter.

"We only need sixty grand Dion—"

"You gonna take sixty fuckin' grand from me Cilia?" He said through clenched teeth. The money wasn't that much to Dion only because his club made fifty grand a month. But it was still a nice chunk of change and it wasn't about the amount. It was about the actions. "Out of all people you gonna do this shit to me? Me?"