11 - "Losing It"

Ember walked up to the front of the residence and knocked on the door with her driver sitting parked out front of the house. It would probably be a while—at least Ember was hoping; but he got paid to drive her too and from so he had no choice but to wait. Ember knocked again anxiously, holding onto a large gray purse. The air was chilly and the material on her Ralph Lauren dress was a little too thin for the weather. Not to mention the area they were in wasn't what she was use to.

Ember knocked again, wondering if anyone home. The block was quiet but it was an average neighborhood so it was expected. The area was low on crime, had decent cars, decent houses and decent people; but coming from someone who was use to spending millions sometimes in less than a week the place looked like the slums to her. Just as Ember got ready to knock once more, the door opened up revealing an irritated, Cilia.

"Excuse me, have you ever heard of something called waiting, before? You don't have to knock so many times, people are sleeping in here." She snapped.

Ember gave a light smile and mumbled a 'sorry.' She instantly took a step forward kind of expecting Cilia to move to the side and let her in, but judging by the way she had her body between the door and was holding it close to her so nothing inside could be seen, those weren't her intentions. There was awkward silence for just a moment as Ember just stood there.

"...Yes? May I help you?" Cilia asked with a raised eyebrow. "I have food on the fire and you're going to make me burn it."

Ember was taken aback and for a split second she wondered if Cilia recognized her. They hadn't talked in a while. Ever since that day in the lawyer's office when Ember let it be known she wouldn't be helping Allele try and fight his charges. It wasn't that Ember was avoiding Cilia since that incident, she just knew her daughter would be upset with her for her decision, so she used that time to give her space.

"I was just wondering if I could come in and talk."

"Why?" Cilia asked immediately.

Ember sighed, "Cilia please...we haven't spoken in a while. We're family and I just want to try and establish a relationship with you."

Cilia honestly had nothing to say to her, they would never have a relationship and they weren't family. Just off the strength of having respect for her other siblings though, Cilia opened the door and let Ember in. Cilia immediately sped walked back into the kitchen and shut the fire off as she began flipping things in various frying pans.