26 - "A Not So Warm Welcome"

Keshawn shook his head, mumbling things under his breath as he watched the news segment reporting on the death of seventeen year old Paul Goodman. He was tortured before his body was burned. He was charred so bad they couldn't even identify the body, they had to use dental records. Sources said that he was an innocent boy killed by the infamous Texas Hunter crime cartel.

It meant the Hunter's now knew there was a mole in their circle. Keshawn was pissed, this was all because the FED's got caught spying on them. He told his chief that he would be able to handle everything on his own, but because chief Langston didn't listen, their cover was now blown and he had to walk on eggshells. They may have killed the wrong person but they were more alert now. Especially since they would soon learn they got the wrong person.

Keshawn turned the television off and turned around looking at Iris frying turkey bacon in his non stick pan. He just hoped that she kept her promise and never ran her mouth about him to her family. They were becoming closer, at this point it was safe to say they were in a relationship, except neither of the two put a label on anything.

Keshawn walked over to her, kissing her cheek repeatedly. The bacon was burning because the fire was high so Keshawn turned it to low. "You about to make my smoke detectors go off in here girl."

Iris giggled. "Bacon tastes better when it's crispy."

Keshawn wrapped his arms around her from behind, burying his face in her neck. He still hadn't told Breeze he was investigating the Hunter's or that he was using Iris as his secret informant. He didn't need Breeze interfering, because he knew his brother would go off had he known he was trying to take them down. It was a dangerous job and it was only three siblings left. He knew his brothers didn't want to lose him.

"What're you thinking about back there?" Iris asked, snapping him out of his thoughts. She carefully turned the bacon over in the pan. It popped and sizzled, shrinking a little due to the heat from the pan.

If it was one thing she was good at, it was reading emotions. And Keshawn had a lot of them right now. He couldn't believe it but today his mother was coming out of prison. After several talks and practically multiple begging sessions from his grandmother to hear his mother out, Keshawn caved in. He was going to see his mother for the first time in eleven years.

He wasn't nervous at all, just angry and hurt. He had resentment that could never be healed or fixed. He honestly didn't even need the closure because there was nothing she could say to him to fix it, he was just going for his grandmother. The rest of the family managed to trick Breeze into coming. They told him Ophelia had an announcement to make. Of course they didn't specify so Breeze had no clue what he was walking into.