14 - "Lights Out"

Cilia was exhausted as she flopped down on the couch. She had finished unpacking the last cupboard, placing dishes and glasses inside. They'd recently moved from the house that her family had put them in and got their own place. It wasn't a mansion, but it was a very nice two family home. They had a basement, and two levels.

"We did it!" Cilia said from the couch, closing her eyes. She grabbed the small remote control from the coffee table and turned on the ceiling fan.

"Did what?" Allele asked, coming from one of the guest rooms in the back. He had placed some boxes in there which were items to decorate the bedroom with. They'd been back and forth to the house the last few days trying to furnish the place.

Their bedroom, the kitchen and all the bathrooms in the house were finished. The basement, and several other rooms including the upstairs level had been untouched. It was taking longer than expected because Allele hardly had time to be here to help. He was on the move making them money so it was Cilia that had to do everything.

"Got our own house." She said.

Allele raised an eyebrow. "We? I did this while your big bobble head ass was in the crib all day bullshitting."

Cilia busted out laughing, before turning over on her side. "Shut up, Allele."

"Nah I'm just playing...I mean we'll upgrade from this later but for now I just wanted to get us out of there. It didn't feel right being in someone else's territory." Allele said. He already had enough money in the bank saved away for them and was putting a down payment on a car.

He had started thinking recently and he wanted to start doing his own little business on the side. Transporting such large amounts of drugs for the Hunter's, he was bringing in big cash. He had enough to start copping his own bricks. He could probably start up his own business on the side. If he did that, it would get him out of the drug trade faster since he was working for himself and not anybody else.

Allele came and sat on the recliner, while Cilia was on the couch with her eyes closed. "Emery is coming in a few days. That's what Lotus told me."

Allele screwed his face up. "Who the fuck is that?"

"My father."

Allele sucked his teeth, "Oh, yeah. Okay."