25 - "Bloodlust"

White Locus' hips swished from left to right with the precision of a runway model. The skinny long heels on her six inch leather Vera Wang high heels clicked against the marbled floors of her parents long corridor. She walked with a purpose, but she was looking for everything but attention. She could be heard coming from a mile away, the sound of her shoes echoing throughout the halls.

She didn't know what part of the house her parents would be in, the home was huge. And she didn't have time to go search, so she went straight for the library where she knew Dalton would be. She walked in, scanning the few aisles. The library was a decent sized room so there wasn't much searching. Since the floors were carpeted, it was much harder to hear her.

Locus spotted him and Iris in a far corner, sitting next to each other as they both read a book of their own. She watched them using their index finger to trace the letters on their Braille books. Locus walked over and gently kicked the bottom of Dalton's foot, making him jump.

"Where's mother and father?" She asked, her accent coming out. She wondered if they knew about the incident with Arnell. She knew her parents would know, but she wouldn't really care for her siblings too.

"Locus?" Dalton asked, looking up.

Iris looked up as well and smiled, "Oh, hi Locus." She mumbled. She couldn't remember the last time she saw her nor did she really care. She didn't like her anyway. Iris knew something happened after she left the gala last night. Her parents were going back and forth about something this morning but weren't speaking too loud for her to hear.

"Where is mother and father?" She repeated, becoming annoyed.

"Oh...well I don't know where dad is but mom is in the dining room I believe."

Locus turned and walked out as she headed toward the dining room. She didn't even come here for her parents either. She came for Lotus, he wasn't answering her calls. And she knew her parents knew how to get to him. She was pissed that he had stood up for Arnell. She wanted her dead and Lotus protecting her was causing confusion in their cartel.

Locus saw her mother exit the dining room, but Ember never noticed her as she disappeared to go get some drinks for her and Lotus. The doors were made of glass so she saw Lotus in there as well. He was looking at all the antiques inside the cabinet in the dining room. Lots of the items cost a pretty penny or were very valuable.

Locus walked into the room, pulling in the door behind her pretty loudly. She didn't want her voice to carry out the room. Her hair was thrown into a messy bun and she wore a long leather creme trench coat and six inch heels. She wasn't going anywhere fancy but just threw on the first set of things she saw. She got no sleep last night and she didn't know if it was mostly because of Arnell, or her own brother who didn't have her back.