34 - "Miracle Blood"

As soon as the silver steel elevator doors opened to the eighth floor, Cilia rushed out, now in the emergency section. Her mind was so focused on Allele that she hadn't even noticed Breeze sitting in the corner of the waiting room, nor Keshawn who was sitting next to him. She literally rushed past them like they were ghosts, leaving her perfume to gently flow past their noses as she rushed to reception desk.

It wasn't extremely busy and hectic on this floor like she thought it would be. Most likely because it wasn't a television show so it was way less dramatic in real life. Or because it was a quarter past four o' clock in the morning so things were pretty quiet and slow. Cilia had gotten the call from Lotus telling her what had happened. The only details he gave her was their father was dead and Allele was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

He either didn't know more than that or was too distraught to finish the call. Cilia could tell he was so heartbroken. The constant cracking of his voice the whole time he struggled to get his words out and the change in the tone of his voice gave it away. She'd never heard her brother be anything less than poised, so she knew he was really hurting. Cilia felt for her father, for her family. But she couldn't be with them right now.

Keshawn turned and looked at Breeze, who in turn got up to step up to her; but before he could speak the receptionist looked up from the computer. "Who are you here to see, sweetie?"

"Allele Coleman."

A nurse that was nearby, looking through file charts overheard the conversation and came up next to the receptionist behind the desk. "Are you his wife, honey?"

When he was brought in he had a wedding band on his finger and though this girl also had on a ring, she couldn't just assume and give out information. But the girl looked around his age so the nurse had an idea of who she was. Cilia's head turned toward the woman, her red and puffy eyes showing her agony. "Yes, please tell me what happened. Is he okay?"

"He was shot twice in the back. One bullet exited out his heart and the other exited out very close to his heart, it bypassed his ribs and came out his stomach."

Cilia winced even hearing the words bullet and heart in the same sentence.

"He's in emergency surgery right now, they're working as best as they can to remove the bullets. He's in critical condition so I don't wanna say anything to scare you or get your hopes up, so right now we'll just have to wait and hope for the best."

Cilia didn't even know what to do with herself, her lips started trembling immediately and she felt overheated.

"Because he is unconscious and you're his wife, legally you are his healthcare proxy. Which means you will have to make health decisions on his behalf because he is incapable of doing so himself. For example, if anything goes wrong in surgery or you want something or the hospital wants something done or preformed on him, we will need your permission."