4 - "The Return Of Iris"

Brooklyn, New York

Iris took a step forward, then another step, slowly dragging her feet as she was escorted into the room by the law firm's security guards. Her body shook vigorously but it wasn't because of the central air. Her eyes were bloodshot, puffy and it looked like she had been through hell and back. Being in prison for the past three months had taken a toll on her body mentally, emotionally and physically.

She couldn't count the number of times she had cried or begged God to kill her. She felt like it was pure torture. To one day wake up to a guard telling her she was going home thanks to her $60,000 dollar bail being paid; Iris had literally passed out. When she woke up she was informed she was being bailed out by people claiming they were her family members. Iris didn't know how to feel about that but she was more than happy to be out.

The door to a meeting room opened and Ember immediately stood up as soon as she laid eyes on Iris. She rushed around the table and rushed her with a hug causing the stick figure sized girl to stumble back a little. Ember cried into the crock of her daughter's neck, squeezing the life out of her while Iris just stood with her arms at her sides, staring off into space.

White Locus stood against the wall, her oversized Cartier lens on her face. Her arms were folded as she watched the display silently. Lotus was also present as he stood next to Locus against the wall. Dalton sat in a chair, focusing on them with a small smile on his face. He had went to a prestigious deaf-blind school and was very functional, so he knew exactly how to locate people by sound or movement.

Ember pulled back, smiling sadly as she placed both hands on Iris' face. "Hey..." She whispered.

Iris looked directly into her mother's eyes, defeat clearly in her tired eyes. "Hi..." she whispered back hoarsely.

"I'm your mother Iris, my name is Ember. I'm so happy to see you...you're so beautiful." she whispered.

"Have you heard from Zeus yet?" Locus asked quietly, looking away from the sentimental display to address her brother. "He was suppose to get back to me about the connect, but he hasn't. It's nearly been twelve hours." White Locus announced. The irritation in her voice didn't go unnoticed, as if it had been on her mind for a while.

Lotus smirked to himself. That was one flaw about his sister. She always felt things moved on her time and only her time. It was true Zeus worked for them but Zeus was more like family. They gave him certain perks where he didn't have to check in and follow orders like some little nigga. Sometimes White Locus forgot that and treated him just like that.