BLUE MOON

Keagan

It didn't take much to piss me off, that being said though I generally got over things fairly quickly. I hate holding grudges, but something Jamie said really stuck with me.

...Well, I'm lying; it wasn't so much of what he said, but more towards how he acted towards me. I know he's smart, it's clear as day that he's beyond average in his intelligence; but he acts like I'm inferior to him. Like I'm seriously the bottom of the barrel and he got stuck with me.

It's one thing to judge me for sleeping through class, and it's another to call me blind first thing in the morning, but to laugh at me when I decide I'm going to stick with a class is pretty fucking degrading.

Sure, I think he was just meaning it all in good fun, but I don't think he understands the amount of work normal people have to put forth to get even a third of the understanding he has for this boring material. Little does he know is that I've never failed a course though. The lowest grade I've ever received was a C+ and that was my first semester here. Being called stupid or implying that I was stupid has always been a touchy subject anyways. Not that he would know that, hell, I doubt he even knows my last name, but it doesn't matter.

He can go ahead and act all high and mighty. That's fine. But as soon as I pointed at him and vowed I would do better, I fucking meant it. And trust me; I have no problems with playing dirty either.

Though it has never been officially stated, I'm pretty sure Jamie had a little bit of sugar in his bones. I mean, what straight guy dresses like him? He's always cute. Always.

It didn't look as if he tried hard, but I could tell he had a ritual; much like ever other aspect in his life. It was weird, so my gut just told me he must be gay, or at least questioning. I don't really know of any nerdy straight guy who actually cares about his appearance. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

I doubt he had any idea I was gay though. I hinted at it a few times to see if he would pick up on it, but nothing yet. So maybe it's time for me to throw a few less subtle hints at him. This could be my wrench to throw into his routine. Guys like him... Well, people like him just don't let things go or ignore them. So a touch here, a wink there, and he'll be putty in my hands.

I felt like an evil genius all day for the rest of the day and for the next few days. I didn't want to make it obvious that something was up, so I just went about my days normally. I couldn't do anything in our class on that Thursday either. I just sat quietly next to Jamison, whether he wanted me to or not, and focused on the professor in front of us. I didn't even breathe loudly; I just sat there and did my best not to give Jamie anything to complain about inside his mind.

It was definitely weird to actually behave in class. Normally I sleep, I say something rude, or I act obnoxiously... But not tonight, and I knew the kids who actually knew me in the class thought it was weird as well.

"Why do you always wear sunglasses?" I snapped out of my zone and looked over at Jamison who was now standing up.

"What?"

"You know, you're going to have to pay attention if you want to do better than me as well." He laughed, but then cocked his head to the side quickly after. "What I asked though was, why do you always wear sunglasses? Or at least have them with you?"

"They're special... That lady in the picture gave them to me." I stated, feeling my blood pressure start to rise from him calling me stupid again. I kept my cool though. I knew he was joking, but it wasn't something I took kindly too; especially since I was called stupid my entire life.

"Oh okay." He nodded and picked up his school book before stepping out of the way so we could both leave. "Do you mind me asking who she is? If you don't want to talk about her you don't have too. But you're making her out to be some big mystery."