COMFORTING

Keagan

I stood in front of Jamie with an outfit of his in my hand. All he's been doing for the past day and a half is pretend to do homework to mask his moping.

Not only that, but he hasn't left my side. Not that I particularly minded that, but even in his sleep I could just feel how sad he was.

Luckily for me, I didn't have to ask what happened. I just knew. That kid he was so excited to go home and see must have ended their friendship or wouldn't put out or something. Why else would he be so quick to come back here to me?

The less I asked though meant the less I had to explain myself. Which was cool since I really just didn't want to explain my shitty life to someone who just wouldn't understand.

So sadly, that left cheering Jamison up to me. I mean I didn't have to, but seeing him sad was just kind of too much to bare. Not that he was always upbeat or happy, but sad... It just wasn't a good look on him.

"Can I help you?" He asked as he eyed me up and down.

"Yeah, put this on." I said as I tossed the outfit on to his lap. "We're going out."

"I really don't want to Keagan."

"Did I ask what you wanted to do?" I laughed. "No, I don't think I did. So put these on, clean yourself up, and relax. We're just going for some decent food. I called a cab, so you've got thirty minutes!"

I smiled as he complied with my wishes and quickly escaped into the bathroom.

I looked myself over in the mirror and smiled at my appearance. Messy hair, dark grey v-neck shirt, black blazer, aviators... I just looked like sex. I'd definitely do me.

"So... Why are we taking a cab?" Jamison asked from behind me, and I turned to take a good look at him. Honestly I did a good job picking out clothes. He had such a limited wardrobe so trust me when I say it was a difficult task.

"Because I don't know if I'm going to get a drink or not while we're there." I mumbled as I admired my work. Long sleeved light cream button up shirt under a maroon sweater... He looked... We'll he looked nearly edible.

"Do you not trust me to drive your car?"

"Not when you've had a drink or two as well." I winked. "Just stop worrying and let me take control for a minute. I promise if there is one thing I'm good at, it's having a good time." I held out my elbow for him to take, just to watch his cheeks turn bright red at the gesture. "C'mon, I only bite if you're into that."

He sighed and took my arm, clearly not finding me as charming as I found myself to be, but never the less he was still grinning from ear to ear.

We took a cab all the way downtown to a pretty busy area. Tons of shops, restaurants, and bars filled the narrow streets, but I had my eyes on one place.

"Where are we going?" Jamison asked as I led him further down the street.

"To a very important restaurant to me, is that okay? Or do you wanna go somewhere else?"

"No... Your pick is fine." He chuckled.

"Good, now relax you control freak."

It took us maybe about ten more minutes to get to the hidden restaurant. I would have had the driver take us closer, but watching Jamison's eyes explore a new area was too good to pass up.

He just looked like he was in a horror movie all the time. His eyes held such a weird look of terror and interest in everything, and it was actually pretty funny. I know he wasn't actually scared of everything, but he clearly didn't adjust well to change.