IM SHOCKED

Jamison

I took a sip of the vodka that Keagan put in my face before getting up out of my bed. I was still feeling a little tipsy from before, but I didn't want him to know that. It was hard for me because I wasn't used to drinking so much, but I tried my best.

As soon as I sat down on Keagan's bed I knew that I was not getting up any time soon. The new mattress top that he bought felt like a cloud. It was literally so comfortable even just to sit on; I could only imagine what it would feel like to actually sleep with it.

Keagan took another sip and situated himself on his bed.

I was surprised that he could tell something was up with me. I didn't realize that he had any intuition about people's feelings at all. Not trying to make him sound like a bad person or anything, because he's not. But still. He doesn't seem like the type to care about anyone else's feelings.

"I don't want you to think I'm bent out of shape because of you. That's not it," I said after I drank from the bottle.

My mind told me to stop drinking, but for some reason the message wasn't received by my mouth right away. It wasn't until I started to feel dizzy before I put my hand out to stop Keagan from giving me the Vodka.

"Well I didn't say that you were. But how could I know for sure if you don't say anything? I'm confused as to why you've been acting different lately. Not just at the party. You know exactly what I mean."

I shrugged my shoulders.

Maybe I was meant to confide in Keagan. Livvie wasn't aware of what was going on so I couldn't vent to her, and Russ was my only other friend and he was the reason why I was acting weird so I couldn't talk to him either. All that was left was Keagan.

I was scared to say anything because Keagan and I don't have the kind of touchy feely relationship that I'm used to.

How did I know he wouldn't make fun of me for being a baby and whatnot? How did I know he'd understand? And most importantly, how did I know he wouldn't judge me and view me differently?

I had no idea, but it didn't stop me from putting myself out there for once.

"It's not so simple Keagan. It's actually really complicated."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked angry for a moment.

"You don't think I'll get it because I'm stupid, is that it? Because if that's how you feel then I'm-"

I interrupted him politely.

"No, I promise that's not what I meant by that. I mean like... the situation is complicated in itself. It's about one of my friends from home, not Livvie. My friend Russell."

"You've never mentioned Russell before. Why is that?"

I was really taken aback that Keagan was talking to me like a normal human being for once. Did I have to get him drunk in order to get treated like this? Because if that was the case I'd have to keep a bottle of alcohol in my fridge at all times.

He was making it easier to confide in him, and I liked that. It was a good feeling.

I still wasn't 100% comfortable about telling him exactly what happened, but at least I was willing to give it a try.

"Before I say anything else, can you just like- promise me that you won't judge me or anything? It won't be worth it to tell you if you're just going to be mean or weird about it."

Keagan sighed, but not in a bad way, almost like a 'duh' kind of way.

"Jamie just spill. I know we're not best buddies or anything but I'm not a heartless bastard like you think. So lay it on me."