Chapter 16

I could hear voices around me but my mind made me fell like every part of my body was numb and those voices were all my imagination. I wasn't sure how to react, I didn't even know what was happening anymore.

Black

Everything around me was black, but to the right side of my head I could feel something, a pang of uneasiness.

I tried to move my hand towards the place but it felt as if something was holding it against me. It felt too heavy for me to move.

"Lucy, you okay?"

At this moment I was too confused, so I tried to move in a different manner, this time my head. My eyes felt as if they were stuck together with glue, too heavy to open. I tried again, this time with even more effort. Finally i was able to open my eyes, big mistake. I hissed at the discomfort that clouded my brain due to the bright light suddenly overcoming my peaceful darkness. I blinked a few times, trying to adjust them to the surroundings which was getting easier by every moment.

"Lucy! Lucy are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked towards the source of the voice.

Ceaser.

I took a deep breath and offered him a small smile. He looked so satisfied as he smiled back, "I'm glad you're okay" he took a step back and a deep breath. I tried to sit up straight but my body felt as hard as a rock, i tried to open my mouth but my dry lips were stuck together. I pushed out my tongue and licked my lips, which slowly felt fine.

"Don't try to get up just yet." Ceaser took a step forward and kept his hand on my shoulder his eyes showing sympathy.

"What happened?" My sound came out soft, almost a whisper.
Ceaser looked confused for a moment then as if he realised something, his frown turned into a small smile.

"The painkillers are working just fine. They're extra strong, so that your pain can be number for a few hours."

I gave him another confused look, "pain?"

"You don't remember?" He questioned his face conveying how shocked he was. It was then that i began toh think about what they were talking about, I remembered the awful event.

My eyes became glossy again, and suddenly the urge to run away from this place became my main focus. "Let me go!" I yelled as Ceaser held me down with an angry expression. "Lucy don't fucking move! The pain killer can only work till you don't move! They can't fucking numb your pain if you keep jumping up and down like a fucking clown!"

I shook my head once, let out a scream of pain now realising what he meant by the medicine numbing my pain. My hands instantly reached up to hold my neck in place trying soothe the unbearable pain. "Oh my god..'' i cried out in agony, even my arm felt in pain, like there were a thousands needles piercing through my body.

"Calm down please! Lucy I'm here jfor you just please calm down!"

"No no NO! You have to help me out!" I rubbed my eyes trying to get these damn tears away, i just wanted to stop crying and run away from this monster. "Please help me! I don't want to stay here I don't want to fave him! He's a fucking psycho!" I pant out the last line, my body was shivering by the time I finished my sentence.

"You don't get to fucking leave like this!" Ceaser let out a low growl, clearly pissed. "I'm trying to help you here so please don't move and fucking listen to me!

I flinched at his hard tone, if he thinks shouting on me helps well then he's dead wrong. "Look I'm sorry Lucy, but you're being a brat here.'' He sighed as he leaned against the wall behind him and rubbed his face softly, "Do you really think escaping Luke is easy? Have you not seen him angry? He knows every place in this entire country so no matter what you do or where you go he'll find you! Not only that but he'll kill you. Hell he'll kill everyone in his way he won't even spare me or that maid friend of yours."