Captive!

Hi readers, how's things?
I hope you're enjoying Dragon Kin-Awakening as much as I enjoyed writing it. 
Please help me spread Vada's story across the wattpadisphere by hitting that 
little voting star!

 Please help me spread Vada's story across the wattpadisphere by hitting that little voting star!

'Vada Pyrite?' A deep voice called out, bringing the family memorial to an abrupt end.

Standing at the end of the dusty road that Vada and Vin had not long ago traversed, stood a tall young man flanked by a group of eight Guardsmen.

'Takashi, what's the meaning of this?' Vin bellowed leaping out of his seat to face the newcomer with a furious glare.

The guard had always made Cas nervous, so much so that Vin never visited wearing his dark blue uniform. Upon seeing the assembled force he attempted to move in front of his sisters, despite his nerves, but Vada gently pushed him aside. Her face was etched with fury and her eyes almost seemed to glow in the moonlight. With the fire at her back and her hair floating gently on the breeze she resembled a demon, rather than the young woman she truly was.

'Orders from the High Priest, Vada Pyrite will be sacrificed to re-awaken the dragons.' Takeshi announced. His gaze moved from Vin, alighting on Vada's face for the first time.

'The hell she will!' Cas roared, the fire behind him suddenly crackled and the flames swelled pumping cinders and plumes of black smoke into the air. All but one of the new comers shrank back in surprise.

Takashi was the one that stood his ground unshaken. He did, however, narrow his eyes at the young boy who looked ready to attack.

He had been told nothing about the girl he was sent to arrest and yet he had set out on his mission with an unsteady feeling in his heart. Takeshi wasn't particularly keen on the high priest and this task certainly left a bitter taste in his mouth.

He had been dragging his feet, making painfully slow progress through the night in the company of his small group of guardsmen when he caught the first note of an angelic voice on the wind and before he realised it, he was moving quicker, chasing the ceremonial song down the hillside.

When he first caught sight of the three figures assembled around a fire pit in front of a small, run-down hut, Takashi had stumbled to a stop. Immediately he knew which of the three he was there to arrest. Though there were two females close in height and equally beautiful, the one he took to be Vada was another creature altogether and her face was a familiar one. Her fiery eyes locked with his cerulean orbs and he felt suddenly flush with heat.

Takashi's heart hammered in his chest as the young woman moved slowly towards him, almost prowling like a mountain cat approaching its prey. She seemed very different to the flustered girl dressed in old, ragged clothing up on the cliff edge. Here in her pristine gown she looked ethereal, like a goddess of nature, albeit a dangerous one. Her companions protested her advancement but she ignored them, focusing her narrowed gaze on Takashi.