Puppet Master

Please vote, comment and share with your friends!

**********************

Cas had managed to make his way to Ryke's side, 'what are we standing around for?'

Ryke didn't acknowledge Cas' words, instead he stared at the door with glazed eyes. It was as though he looked beyond the wood that blocked Cas' sight.

'I'm going in,' the hot headed prince announced with a casual shrug of the shoulders.

Turning suddenly to slam his clawed foot down in front of Cas, Aegar snarled, 'No, Not youYou're the Chief in Vada's stead.'

'He's right Cas,' Ryke agreed. He could sense something powerful beyond the door, a skill he had naturally developed after many years in Menos' service. Though the power did not reek of darkness and decay the way his former masters magic had, it still unnerved Ryke to be in such close proximity to an unknown magic user.

Aegar turned his gaze on the Shamen and nodded his weighty head in the direction of the door.

'Me?' Ryke squeaked, cheeks reddening at the pitch of his own tone and the resulting snigger from Cas. Clearing his throat Ryke gathered himself and attempted to recover some pride, adding, 'yes, yes of course, me.'

He didn't move, however, he found that he couldn't. His feet seemed glued to the spot and his heart began to race as the dragons gaze became impatient and the rumble in his scaly throat grew louder.

Ryke chuckled awkward, wiping the sheen of sweat from his brow, 'here I go then.'

Lifting a shaky foot inhaled as much air as his lungs would allow, clenched his fists, set his jaw and prepared to march headlong into the hut. Before he could take a single step, however, the door burst open.

Aegar whipped around with a snarl that curled his lips back to reveal his dangerously pointed fangs while Cas' fists burst into flames and he dropped into a crouch, ready to launch himself into battle.

Ryke, on the other hand, clutched at his chest, went weak at the knees and mumbled 'Oh thank the gods!'

'Bring your healer!' The mystery man begged, his hands glimmered scarlet beneath the moonlight.

'Who are you?' Cas demanded.

Aegar took a great sniff, inhaling air deep into his lungs before snarling, 'He's in league with the traitors brother!'

'No, no!' The man denied, waving his hands so frantically that he sprayed the area with blood. 'I followed Prince Rivik when he left the clan meeting, on the way I met Takashi... it is my brother that is hurt. Please, I need your healer!'

'Bring out the spy!' Aegar persisted

'Aegar!' Cas snapped suddenly, 'later. Takashi is injured, Vada would not hesitate to help him.'