Mischief in the Moonlight

'Do you know who was on our roof last night Vin?' Cas asked the next morning when the old Guard arrived for another round of training, Prince Takashi at his heel

'Someone was on the roof?' Takashi asked sounding quiet alarmed. Vada groaned, rubbing her temples to warn off the headache that she sensed her brother was about to cause.

'A man specifically, I heard them talking.'

'I think your sister can handle herself Cas,' Vin interjected.

'They were laughing Vin, that's what's strange! I don't want some mystery man sliding in here late at night charming my sister, I'm the man of this house even if she's the Chieftess of our tribe!' Cas announced, thumping his chest.

'Laughing?' Vin confirmed, Cas nodded mischievously, fully aware that he'd summoned the old Guards father figure side. He rounded on Vada, 'spill it, I'll not have you sneaking around with some young rogue!'

'This is ridiculous, I had a chat with a friend-'

'On the roof, in the dark of night?' Cas scoffed, 'It's also a little suspicious that he ran off into the shadows when I called you!' Cas teased, standing safely behind Vin.

'You threatened to combust! We've all seen you when you go off Cas!'

'So you're worried for his safety?' Takashi asked looking somewhat crestfallen.

'Of course, he's a friend!' Vada snapped marching past them and out of the house, but not before she caught Cas in the ribs with a sly jab.

'Morning!' A familiar voice called cheerily across the field, Vada cursed under her breath, gave a small wave and began to stretch hoping the conversation wouldn't start up again if she got to work.

'Why is everyone so serious this morning?'

Damn it Uldrin, Vada groaned internally.

'My sister has a secret lover!' Cas carolled.

'What?' Uldrin and the guard chorused together. Vada pinned the eldest prince with a glare but he didn't catch on.

'If he's any kind of man Vada, you'd introduce us to him!' He barked instead.

'I have a serious problem with you all assuming you have any kind of right to know anything about my personal life-'

'I'm your brother!' Cas whined.

'Younger brother!' Vada snapped.

'How did you find out Cas?' Uldrin enquired.

'He was here last night-'

'Oh?' Uldrin frowned.

'On the roof,' Cas elaborated.

'Oooooooh,' Uldrin's eyes went wide as he looked from one angry male face to the next, 'Actually, I think Vada is entitled to her privacy.'