A Thief in the Night!

Please don't forget to share Dragon Kin with all your friends, vote and comment to let me know what you think so far!
Happy reading!
🐉🐲🐉
*************************

Please don't forget to share Dragon Kin with all your friends, vote and comment to let me know what you think so far! Happy reading!🐉🐲🐉*************************

Vada had always done her best thinking on the roof of her families hut. Beneath the black, expansive sky her mind could wander and she could mull over her troubles until she could no longer keep her eyes open. 

On this night, however, despite her many worries, Vada was content to simply look at the stars and listen to the world around her.

The rush of wind through the nearby tree's rattled the branches and their leaves fluttered creating what sounded like a cacophony of frantic whispers. 

A scratching sound to Vada's right pulled her attention away from the dazzling stars that were scattered across the sky, as she rolled her head to the side, something brushed against her hand, she pulled it back, startled.

'No need to be afraid, re-awakener' a familiar voice chuckled.

Frowning Vada searched the skies for the Dragon, but there was no sign of the silver creatures scaley self, that was until a small creature slid out from behind Vada's back.

'...wind dragon?' Vada mumbled in disbelief, squinting through the darkness to examine the miniature beast.

'You may call me Pria,' the dragon replied as she climbed up Vada's arm to perch on her shoulder.

'How did you get so small?' Vada marvelled, watching the tiny creature climb her body with ease.

'We are elemental beings, we are not confined to one body, manipulating our shape and size is child's play,' she explained.

'I see. There is so much I don't know about your kind... and mine for that matter,' Vada sighed, looking out across the half-finished structures of her village.

'There is plenty of time for learning, Chieftess,' Pria replied.

'Tell me, how is my sister?' Vada asked changing the subject for the sake of her own sanity.

'She is weak but I am sustaining her, she will not die while we are one.'

'That's good to know, takes some of the pressure off,' Vada sighed, 'do you know anything about the wingsplitter?'

'I'm afraid I can not help you Chieftess, I have not been revived long, much of my knowledge is still not restored,' Pria replied, her voice was thick with sadness.

Vada's gaze scanned across the wall that surrounded the village, stopping at the gaping hole that allowed her people to come and go according to their will. Only in emergency situations did she permit the gates to close.