Preparing (Dani)

I wake up almost banging my head forgetting I'm back on the top bunk. I climb down fumbling in the darkness walking over to the closet to change. I think I find a matching outfit the colors almost indistinguishable in the lack of light. I put the clothes on not feeling insecure about Lauren's sleeping presence. I finish up walking over to wake up the hibernating bear for the dreaded breakfast that Amy practically invited herself and our sisters over for.

I see the sweet sleepy smile I missed so much and I savor it for a moment.
"Sugar you have to get up." I whisper into her ear then kiss her nose as she doesn't have a reaction. Her nose scrunches up at the contact making me lightly laugh. She mutters something intelligible covering her eyes. I turn the light on getting a groan out of her. I start to lower her hands so she actually has to look at the light as she fights me against it but I win. She rubs her eyes finally opening them looking much to her dismay.
"Spice I'm tired." She whines as I grab her freezing hand. I start to drag her off knowing the only way to get her out of bed is to physically 'get her out of bed.' "And my bed is comfy." She complains as she finally lands with a thud on the floor. "Bad Spice."

She gets up from the floor, her hair a mess, and she runs her hand through her hair. Her tangled mane flowing over her shoulders.
"You can't make me go downstairs by myself." I pout getting a small smile out of her. She steps closer tucking a hair behind my ear.
"I could but that would make you sad." Her warm breath hits my frame as my tired frame is slouching over.
"Well we wouldn't want that." I joke as she goes to the closet looking for clothes. I cover my eyes as Lauren changes until she clears her throat. I open my eyes seeing her holding two shirts. She hold up her shirts nonverbally asking me which one she wants me to choose.

I ignore her request staring at her stomach. My eyes trace the scars on her toned stomach. There are four, just light pink, but still visible. One right above her right hip parallel to her waistline. One along her left collarbone stretching across practically her entire left side. One in between her two bottom ribs on her left side. The last just cuts straight through her stomach jaggedly.
"Eyes up here Dan." I finally gain control of where I'm scanning up to her rosy red cheeks. I smirk that I made her blush as I finally meet her beautiful chocolate brown orbs. "There is only so much to do when you don't talk to anyone for three weeks." She flashes the smile that makes me weak in the knees.
You could have just laid staring at the ceiling like I did.
"And help me pick a shirt." I stare at both shirts picking between a white that's so white it's practically glowing and a navy blue with the back open besides a pair of straps crossing over in the center.
"Who are you trying to impress?" I bite my lip in thought thinking about how Lauren would look in the two shirts. Usually she would just throw a sweatshirt and sweatpants on days we don't have anything.
"The girl with her shirt on backwards, matching black and navy blue, and managing to take up all of my attention with her natural beauty." She jokes and I look down finding my mismatching top and bottom with my tag sticking up out of the collar.

I grab the hem starting to take the shirt off when I'm interrupted, "Don't change it, you look perfect." I smile at her compliment as I stop the shirt bunched around my neck like a scarf. Lauren has put her navy blue shirt still looking like she just rolled out of bed but could model the outfit down the runway.
Lauren grabs my shirt pulling it down, I think purposely making sure her cold fingers touch my bare skin. I shiver at her touch as the hem finally rests at the top of my thighs.

I look down at myself again looking like a little kid that picked out her first outfit.
She puts her left hand in mine, "I look like a dork." I complain her brown eyes looking at me adoringly contradicting my self deprecating.
"But you're my dork." She smiles sending those rebellious butterflies into my stomach. "And I love you for that." She pecks my lips wrapping her arm around the back of my neck.
"You're so lucky I love you, otherwise I would mad." I whisper in her ear seeing the side of her face turn red. She lightly hits my chest probably mad that I made her blush.
"Sure I am." She rolls her eyes still not moving away from me though.

"Let's go meet the unwanted guests."

How is everyone? This chapter is kind of a filler so I don't have a super long one. I get bored sometimes reading a large chapter.

What do you think is going to happen?