Bridges Burned/Fixed (Katherine)

Katherine's POV
Christina told us she heard something but it is starting to look like she was lying. I do not want to speak scared of making Amy wary of us and against us again. We need her. Amy is staring at the two of us uncertainty in her eyes.

Please stay Amy, please stay.

In my periferal vision I see Christina smirk in the exact same way in the dream. My eyes widen, my heartbeat quickens, and my breathing shallows remembering the angels words.

"Lauren has some pretty bad dreams so if what she dreams happens to occur in real life it won't even be your fault." That was at least for me a daydream and I bet Lauren was sleeping upstairs. The blood seeping into her skin and the excess dripping off her arm really happened. I stay tense but calm down a bit trying to get my bearings together thinking of Amy. More of the anticipating fear of Amy seeing Lauren's possibly mutilated arm.

I lean over to Christina, "Should we tell Amy about Lauren?" Christina seems to come out of a lost daze at my words. She puts a hand on her chin like a bored student.

"What about Lauren?" This side of Christina irks me. I think it is one thing Christina hates in Lauren. She must hate Lauren to have willingly carved letters into her arm.

"Her arm." I specify making sure Amy can't hear it. She looks shocked that I know about it but I look past her head to the old three musketeers.

It is no doubt that they are app miserable and hurt in their own way. Lauren, I notice, has a sweatshirt on and I doubt it is for warmth. She seems a little out of it brown eyes not shining or really focused on anything. There are apparent bags below her eyes from twenty feet away.

Lisa seems broken, her probably the most medically fine, but looking like a mess. She is using her two taller sisters to support her. Her superb make up is skewed about her face like it was thrown like a water balloon on her face.

Dani is pummeled not looking like herself, at all. She seems slightly happy but scared and in pain. I shake my head slightly to the not-looking-at-me Christina. I may have pushed Dani into a river and I might be the captain in planning their death, but I am still disgusted by putting a hand on my younger sisters.

Lauren and Dani set the dazed Lisa on the couch. Lauren sits and Dani stays standing, even with her back to me I cam picture the hurt in her green eyes.

"Do you need anything to eat, drink?" I softly smile at my youngest sisters motherly trait. She might be immature most of the time but she can be more motherly than our mom right now. I think she is the most concerned but it is just bunched up inside her shrouded by a rough exterior. Her number one fear is losing any one of us, even if it were to be Christina she would break down.

Both girls answer almost inaudibly and both intelligibly.

Dani kisses Lisa's forehead protectively and a small smile, or hint of one, appears on Lisa's face. I silently gag as Lauren and Dani kiss for a millisecond but still a millisecond too long.

I swallow the vomit burning my throat as Dani leaves the room.

Immediately Lisa breaks down falling into Lauren. She curls up like a fetus scared of being hurt by I'm guessing us.

"What the heck happened?" Christina has a mix of shock and frustration in her voice.

Lauren doesn't seem too focused on us awkwardly moving Lisa's arm, "I didn't think it was a crime to be nice to my sister." Lauren flips the question around into one of her old sarcastic joke. I usually find them hilarious but this isn't a joking matter.

I start thinking of the R Lisa carved onto Lauren's skin, "It's not but." I am painfully slapped by Christina making me almost yelp but it got the message across.

Stop talking.

I realize as Christina's almost panicked green eyes motion to Amy that we need to clear a few things up.

"Let's go." I grab one of Amy's arms while Christina grabs the other and before the short girl can protest we leave the room.