8. A Talk

Lily

Standing there nervous and a bit scared facing them. I try to remember that my mother wanted me here to do this. Knowing that this man in front of me is my father I should get the truth out sooner than later. But, I needed to stand strong and see what he has to say first. So, trying to act braver than I really was I spoke up.

"Can I help you?"

"Can I ask what your doing here in that shop young lady?" He asked in a deep voice.

"Of course, I'm the new owner" I reply, simply.

With my father standing there with his arms crossed looking very intimidating, asks "Then, where is the last owner? I been looking for quite some time and haven't had any luck. I been watching over this building for years! and haven't had anyone come here except to do a little maintenance. So, I'm asking one last time! WHERE IS THE LAST OWNER?" He asked, yelling a bit.

Holy shit! He must not know she's dead then. Fuck! How do I break it easy to him?

Standing there frozen I quietly reply "She died."

"FUCK!!!" He yelled out, to no one in particular.

He walked right up to my face in a threatening voice " Your going to tell me everything right this minute!! "

With a shaking voice, the only thing I was able to say was " I have papers in the glove compartment of my car that could explain better".

I was about to step around him to get them when he shot his hand out to stop me.

Forgetting about the other three dude's that were there. My father turned to look at the one standing the closest to the drivers door of my car.

"Drake, get in the glove compartment of this girl's car and get the papers she said are in there."

We all stood there while the guy named Drake retrieved them and handed them to Jack.

While Jack was reading them I took a chance to get a good look at him. He didn't look no older than 40 years old. About 6' 3" and looked very well built for man that age.
When I looked away from him, I noticed all the people that were around stopped at what they were doing just to stare at the five of us.
One of the men whose name I didn't know interrupted me as I was looking "What's your name?"

"Lily" I said, looking at the dude.

"HOW THE FUCK COULD SHE HAVE DONE THIS TO ME!! SHE HAD NO RIGHT!!" Jack yelled again, making me jump, looking back over at him.

Continuing he asked "How long have you known you were my daughter?"

Taking off my sunglasses for the first time so I could look him in the eyes so he knew I wasn't lying, I reply "I found out last month when she was in the hospital. Mom told me the night before she died"

In the background I heard a few gasps and a holy shit from the guys behind Jack.