43. Legit

Lily

After I had my shower I called Damien this morning to see if he could let Jason know I wouldn't be in today and that he could close the shop early if he wanted since tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I grabbed my laptop and sat on my bed leaning against the headboard.

Before trying to do anything about getting the dude Zest out of prison, I needed to dig up some info on the guy for my own sanity to make sure I'm not helping out some crazy loon that belongs in there and to make sure Jack's story is legit.

So, first things first, I don't no what Zests or Beasts last names are and I don't wanna go around asking anyone anything so I can't start there.

Hmmm... what about Mary?

Zest was dating that chick, and since I don't no her last name either I could look up her brother Viper's Black Devils gang.

I should have done that when I first found out they were after me!

When I typed in the gangs name I wasn't so surprised as to what I found out. They were known for their drug dealing and violence. After I looked through some more of the articles I came across one that had Viper's name in it so I clicked it.

It had the guys picture and full name at the bottom of it, Johnathan Viper Smith saying he was arrested for assault and battery, position of a firearm and drunk in public.

So, Mary's name could be Mary Smith but, there could be thousands of Mary's, I'll just have to type in both their names and the gang to see what comes up.

Damn!!

I thought when I seen a link that had an article about Mary's death. It read that there was a house explosion at her home address and by the time that the fireman and police had arrived the house was engulfed in flames. When the fire was out, they had found her remains. When the neighbors were questioned an elderly woman described she seen an ex boyfriend leaving Marys resident's minutes before the incident.

That is so... awful! I kept thinking before I started to read more.

Later that day there was some gang violence between Jonathan Smith the brother Viper of Mary Smith and Zest Weston who was the current boyfriend of Mary which led to the arrest of Zest Weston for the murder of the ex boyfriend Jonnie Doe that had killed Mary Smith earlier that day.

I guess Jack was telling the truth

I clicked on Zest Weston to see what would come up and it said he was arrested for interfering in an investigation and for the murder even though it was self-defense after being shot when he confronted Jonnie Doe to turn himself in after being in a standoff with Johnny Doe and Jonathan Smith.

After reading that it did sound like self-defense and I feel sorry for the dude he already served eleven years, lost a girlfriend and child on the way and was separated from family and friends that cared about him.

I think that punishment is enough! I thought as I dialed Mr Lopez's number to see what I could do to help the dude out.

" This is Lopez" I heard him say after picking up on the second ring.

" Hi, Mr Lopez this is Lily" I say

" Hello, Lily how are you?" He asks

" I'm doing pretty good myself, I was just calling to see if you could help me out with something I'd like to do for someone?" I asked

" I'll see what I can do, but you gotta tell me what it is first?" He said chuckling on the other end of the line.

" Oh, right! Well... I was wondering if you could help me get someone out of prison?" I asked straight out.

" Ooh, I see! Well, that depends on what the crime was and what my connections can do. " He said then asked " Can I get the name of the person?"

" His name is Zest Weston and he went to prison for twenty years and has been in there already for eleven years for murder and interfering in an investigation, although it was self-defense." I say to see what he thought

" Zest Weston, and you say it was self- defence and he got twenty years?" He asked then didn't say nothing for a few seconds.

" I'll see what I can do after I look into it more and make some calls. It might take me a couple of days, but it sounds like to me that he could've been set up to get that many years in prison.

" Ooh!" I wasn't expecting that

" I'm glad you called because I was going to call you anyway to let you know I have found some places if you'd like me to purchase them for you?" He asked

" Yes" I say remembering what we talked about when I went to Vegas for our meeting.

" Alright, we'll talk in a couple days and thanks, for your help" I said before we say our goodbyes and hung up.

After I deleted everything I looked up on the computer I put it away and went to the kitchen to eat and talk to Juliet.

" I made eight pies for tomorrow, do you think that's plenty or would you like me to add anything else? Juliet asked when I was grabbing a Dr. Pepper out of the fridge.

" That should be fine and thank you for that. I wanted to ask about what we talked about a while back about the other place I was going to get. Would you still like to take care of it for me?" I ask.

" Yes, I would just let me know when you would like me to" she said.

" It will be soon, a week at the most if that's ok with you" I say taking a drink of my soda.

" Yeah that's fine it will give me something to do" she said hanging up her oven mitts

After that I went back to my room to relax knowing Thanksgiving is tomorrow and it could be a long day.

⭐⭐⭐

I made names & everything up so if someone has the same name or anything it is just coincidence and not personal

Vote 🌟 comment 📝