Chapter 9

Riley's POV

Did I want to tell Moose about what had happen back in France. Or did I want to keep it a secret. I think I should tell him, like we live in the same house.

"I want to tell you something." I say to Moose.

"Yah. What is it?" Moose replies to me.

"So, back in France where I lived with my mom and my dad... I was abused. My parents beat me for every single thing I would do." I say to Moose.

"Oh..." Moose says scratching his head and leaning agents the wall. "But, why would they do that, do you have any permanent injuries?"

"Well yah." I lift my shirt half way and below my rib cage there is not one, not two or three, but four marks from back at where I used to live. I lowered my shirt and looked to the left, then the right and waited for Moose to reply.

"Oh, my, god." He said with a straight face. "Why would someone ever do that to you?" He adds on to his sentence.

"I don't know. My parents did it to me." I said.

After our mini convention Moose left the room and went downstairs. I listened to Panic! At The Disco and imagine dragons. The songs played in my head as I thought about my parents back in France.

"Hey Riley!" Called Nathan. "Come down stairs I have something to tell you!" He continues yelling though out the house. I paused my music and walked down the beige narrow stairway to the first floor.

Nathan is here waiting for me and I sit down on the couch and say, "So, what is it?"

"So... umm. Your mom is coming like today to see something I guess I don't know." Nathan says. I gasp and let my eyes go as wide open as I can.

"She's coming!?!" I say with confusion. I don't ever want to see her again. After my childhood after all.

"Yah. She's coming at 5." Nathan days to me biting his lower lip and looking around the room.

*Time skip brought to you by Llamas*

Riley's POV

It is now 5 and my mom should be coming any minute now. I run upstairs to my room locking the door and sitting down on my bed. I listened to music and went on my computer. I played the Henry Stickman games, Infiltrating the airship, Stealing the diamond, and fleeing the complex.
    I hear my mom walk through the door and say, "Where is Riley? I need to talk to her." I get very scared and I hear my door handle rattle. I jump and say, "Not in a million years!"

"Hey Riley it's just Moose." Moose says to me. I feel a sign of relief knowing that it is him so I open my door only to let him in and lock it once more.

"So... worried about your mom in the house now?" Moose asks me. "Yah. It's scary knowing that the person that has abused you your whole life is within your house." I reply back bitting my lip. 
      I can hear my mom walking upstairs to my room.

"Riley! You come here NOW!" She says demandingly. I make no noise so hopefully she won't find me. She rattles the door handle and try's to get it open but fails. "Come out here NOW young lady!" She says mad at me.

     I can hear Nathan saying to her telling her to stop yelling and be nice to me. I appreciate that he cares and then Moose says, "Window. We have to jump out the window."

"What! Are you crazy!" I say hoping he was just kidding about that. "No. If you want to-" He is cut off my the door opening. My mom bursts though the door. She runs up to me and try's to hit me but I dodge the attack and run out of my room. She follows me as I run down stairs. I stand in the middle of the room with my arms in the air saying, "Please no. What have I ever done to you HUH tell me what I've done to deserve this!" I lower my hands as Nathan jumps in the middle of us and says, "Riley's Mom cut the FLIP out and Riley you have done nothing, nothing at all but try to be her child and not get hurt."

My mom jumps and pushes Nathan out of the way and punches me in the stomach. I fall on the couch and before I know it I was at the hospital.

Hey guys that is going to be it for this chapter because the second book is starting soon so stay tuned! The America's Got Talent will continue in the second book and there will be a sequel of Riley's story to stay tuned for that!!!

Stay awesome!!! Love u guys! ❤️