Chapter 14

Riley's POV

I look at my phone and I see a text from my old friend Charlotte from Paris. She was one of my best friends and we loved to hang out with each other every day. It reads, "Hey Riley. How's Texas? I hope your having fun. School is lame and I am getting bullied a lot. Call me soon." I gasp at the fact that she is getting bullied. I think about my parents and what they have done to me. I just don't get why they wanted to abuse their only child. The only person that would love them for who they are.

      I go to my room and sit down on my bed. I look around my room and stare at the pale cream wall. "Damn I wish I could paint this room, black or a dark gray perhaps." I think to myself. Moose enters my room with a smile and starts talking about how we are getting to Huston. "You will come with me blah blah blah Nathan and Shark with take his car blah blah blah." He says. I don't pay much attention and just nod.

He leaves the room leaving a note on my bed. It says, "Hey Riley. I'm exited we're going to Huston. We have 2 rooms, one for Nathan and Kayla (his girlfriend) and one for the two of us. ❤️.

              Love George."

"That's kind of him." I think to myself and fall asleep.

     *THUD*

"Oh Jesus not again!" I think. I get up and storm into Moose's room. He is laying on the ground.

"Nathan! Wake up!" I yell into Nathan's room.

     He pops up the looks at me blankly. "Nathan there's no time! We have to get George to the hospital now!" I yell with a scared look on my face. He jumps out of bed and grabs his phone.

      Nathan lifts George and so do I. George, on Nathan's back we run down the stairs and to the car. Almost no cars are out on the road, considering that it is  around two in the morning.

     The sound of Nathan's car's exhaust pipes back fire and we are shooting down the road like a rocket ship. George in the back seat and me next to Nathan in the front.

      The people at the hospital unload George onto a stretcher and drag him to one of the many rooms at the hospital. George, looking as pale as a ghost is laying on the bed motionless. Nathan, is scared out of his mind due to what's going on. And I... Just need someone to wrap their arms around me and tell me that they love me.

Just like our old hospital room, there is another room built in with another TV and couch. I sit down on the couch and listen to music while the doctors are doing whatever they are doing. Ah... Panic! At The Disco. Just what I need to calm me in this situation. Nicotine, one of my favorite Panic! At The Disco songs.

Cross my heart and hope to die
Burn my lungs and curse my eyes
I've lost control and I don't want it back
I'm going numb, I've been hijacked
It's a fucking drag
I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you
So I say damn your kiss and the awful things you do
You're worse than nicotine
It's better to burn than to fade away
It's better to leave than to be replaced
I'm losing to you, baby, I'm no match
I'm going numb, I've been hijacked
It's a fucking drag
I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you
So I say damn your kiss and the awful things you do
You're worse than nicotine
Just one more hit and then we're through
'Cause you could never love me back
Cut every tie I have to you
'Cause your love's a fucking drag
But I need it so bad
Your love's a fucking drag
But I need it so bad
You're worse than nicotine

     Sweet music. I swipe out Spotify and turn on Netflix. Coralline should last me until I fall asleep hopefully.

"How about we play... A game. I know you like them." Coralline says. That is my favorite line from the movie.

*time skip until George wakes up*

A yawn followed by a stretch of the arm. George wakes up an glances at me and Nathan.

"Where am I?" George asks us with a worried and tired look on his face. Nathan responds with, "You are at the hospital George. Do you remember anything?" Nathan asks.

"Riley, Nathan, (names everyone else). Yah but... why am I here?" George asks with confusion.

"Your heart condition... is getting worse," "You fell to the ground at night and did not wake until we reached the hospital." I finished saying. The doctor named Dr. Harmon walked in the room. He looked at us and said, "Your heart has something terribly wrong with it." He says flat out to us with out giving a little warning.

       The doctor says for Nathan and I to leave the room. Dr. Harmon and his little crew of crazy doctors doing Ex Rays on George's heart. Don't ask me how that works. (Just PM me and I will tell you!) I sit on a chair in the hall. I stare at myself in my phone camera. Sharp.

      Dr. Harmon and his little crew walk out of the room and give us the, "go in" signal. So, I walk into the room lightly pushing the door. George, sitting up looks at me and gives me a fait smile. I walk up to him and he hugs me. Nathan joins our little hug and says to me, " I'm glad your here to experience this with us Riley." I don't respond but just smile.

"Uh guys..." George says. "I have to get this stupid thing removed and they can't put the sleepy stuff in my because of my heart! And I don't know if I'm gonna live or die because that Harmon dude said that my chances of living until I was thirty were unlikely and I'm just scared and I-" " Need To chill dude." Nathan cuts off and adds to his own sentence.

      For some random reason I start to cry. Tears drip down from my eyes to the soft, white, hospital blankets. Nathan hugs me and George squeezes my hand. George starts to cry and so does Nathan. "Wow. I'd never imagine that two boys would be crying but... whatever."

      I glance at George's stomach (his shirt is rolled up so the doctors could see where they were going to line the incision) I see a few marks on his stomach where they had to line up this tape stuff. "Poor Moose. Why does he have to get all the harsh words?" I ask myself in my head. I sit in the bed and George pulls me closer to him and hugs me. I feel cold tears dripping into my hair. I look up and see Moose crying his eyes out. His face as red as when he ate those hot wings. Then, Dr. Harmon comes in with some bad news...

Hey guys did you like the story? I like it. Please like and give me a follow. I need all the followers I can get to team up on someone. Someone named Horror_M. Everyone!!! All my fellow Wattpad friends show her hate, and furry, and ANGER! Please do that give me a follow and yah. Love you guys! Stay perfect!

- Jay