Chapter 10

Chapter 10: "You have to accept that some chapters in our lives have to close without closure."

What if you were given a question that you weren't ready for, what would you do? Would you be brave enough to answer it even if you knew you'd just open yourself up for more pain? Or would you walk away and hide the pain inside?

As for me, I took the cowardly path. I walked away without answering his question. The next day, we left early thus we didn't get the chance to talk again. I told Maki everything.

(Bakit hindi mo sinabi ang truth? Ay te! Givency na kasi! Once and for all, ilabas niyo na lahat para makapag-let go ka na rin. Malay mo te, yun lang pala ang hinihintay mo?)

I was speechless. Maki had a point. Iyon lang siguro ang kailangan ko. Maybe. Just maybe.

"Closure," I muttered.

(Pak! Exactly! Closure. Iyon ang kailangan mo.)

"But didn't we have that before I left?"

(Wit,) he said, shaking his head. (Medyo hoping ka pa noon na pwedeng maging kayo pa rin pag-balik mo. Hindi closure yon, te.)

"Maki, hindi ko yata kaya."

He sighed. (You're tough, Xie-xie. Kaya mo yan. Let it all out then let go of the past completely. Easier said than done, I damn well know that. But it's the only option that you have, my dear.)

I had decided to talk to Jeck after the launching of my new designs. I was procrastinating, yes. But what could I do? I was still mustering the courage to bare my deepest pain to him. It would never be an easy task to do such thing.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

Napabaling ako sa nagsalita. I gasped when I saw who it was. Tumili ako at mabilis na tinakbo ng yakap ang bisita ko.

"Jason! Oh my gosh! It's really you!"

He hugged me back tightly while chuckling. "I missed you, D."

"I missed you, too." Kumalas ako sa kanya para matingnan siya. "But what are you doing here anyway?"

He rolled his eyes dramatically. "Well, I thought you'd want me to be part of your fashion show, so I took the earliest flight possible and flew all the way here."

My eyes widened and hugged him again. "Oh my God! You're the best!"

Jason a supermodel in the states. Kahit nung nasa ibang bansa pa ako ay lagi siyang naka-suporta sa akin. He models my creations for free. Gusto ko rin sana siyang kunin ngayon pero nahihiya ako dahil alam ko na marami rin siyang commitments sa ibang bansa.

Kaagad ko siyang niyaya na mag-lunch. Nagbilin na lang ako sa aking sekretarya na tawagan ako kung kailangan. Dinala ko siya sa paborito kong restaurant.

"Maki wanted to come with me to give you his support, but he had commitments there. But don't worry, he'll be here soon."

I was really moved. I'm glad for having friends like them. "You and Maki are inseparable. I can't believe that you're really here!"

He smirked. "What can I say? That lovable man loves you like a real sister. Said you needed at least one of us to be by your side."

I got teary eyed. "Baklang yon."

He smiled and reached for my hand then gave it a gentle squeeze. "How are you? I mean, really? We're worried about you, you know? Especially, Maki."