Epilogue

Epilogue: "But the You who you are tonight is the same You I was in love with yesterday, the You I'll be in love with tomorrow." -Adam, If I stay

I was busy cooking when I heard a cry upstairs which made me stop stirring the soup. Shoot. My baby is awake. I should go to him now before his cry wakes up my husband. He needs to sleep more since he got home late last night due to some important meeting.

Nasa kalagitnaan na ako ng hagdan ng tumigil siya sa pag-iyak. When I got to his room, I found my favorite scene, it was our little one in his Dad's arms. Jeck was looking at Kaden like he was the most precious thing in the world for him, and he was. When Kade came into our life a year ago, he had become the center of our life.

I could still remember the day he was born, it was in the middle of the night when my water broke, and my husband rushed me to the hospital. He didn't leave my side the whole time I was giving birth, and I witnessed such a memorable moment- it was when Jeck first held our son in his arms with tears in his eyes.

"Hi," I muttered.

He looked at me. "Good morning, babe."

Lumapit ako at iniyakap ang mga braso ko sa kanila. "Good morning, Kaden," I said and kissed his rosy, chubby cheek. Then I looked up and gave Jeck a peck on the lips. "Good morning."

Ngumiti siya kahit halatang inaantok pa siya. Tayo-tayo pa ang buhok niya. "Sorry. Hindi ako agad nakaakyat. Nagising ka tuloy."

"It's fine, babe." 

Pinugpog niya ng halik ang baby namin. Napapangiti na lang ako lalo na at mukhang gustong-gusto naman ni Kaden. He was even giggling, and it was the most beautiful sound for me. 

"Dy! Dy!"

It automatically made Jeck smile. That was the first word our son had learned. Not only was Kaden a spitting image of his dad well, except for his blue eyes and hair, he was also a daddy's boy. 

"He wouldn't stop crying last night," I said while caressing my son's hair.

"Why? May sakit ba siya?" kaagad na bumakas ang pag-aalala sa mukha niya.

Natawa ako. "No, he's totally fine. I think he was just looking for you."

He sighed then kissed his forehead. "Sorry, Kade, Daddy had an important meeting last night. I will make it up to you, buddy."

Para namang nakakaunawa na ngumiti siya sa daddy niya. He even kissed his dad. I pouted upon seeing that.

"What about momma?" Tinawanan lang niya ako. "You obviously like Daddy more than momma! Nagtatampo na ako."

Tinawanan lang ako ng mag-ama lalo tuloy humaba ang nguso ko. "Kiss momma, baby," Jeck said.

Kaagad ko namang iniumang ang pisngi ko kay Kade. My face brightened up when he kissed me on the cheek. 

"Mom! Mom!" 

Natutuwang kinuha ko siya kay Jeck at pinugpog ng halik. Bumaba na kami para mag-breakfast. I just watched Jeck with a contented smile on my face as he fed our son. He was a very hands on father, and I would forever be thankful for having such an amazing husband and father to our son.

Jeck opened the car door, took Kaden from me, and helped me get off the car. It was a Sunday, and we always made it a point to go to the church every time. Isinakbit din niya sa balikat niya ang baby bag. Kapag lumalabas kaming pamilya ay hindi kami nagsasama ng yaya.