Chapter 35

Chapter 35: "True love has a habit of coming back."

I smiled while reading Jeck's messages for me. After, spending a week in Balesin Vash dragged them to Japan. His message was composed of the places that he had visited and what they were doing. He seemed to be having a great time which was really good. 

From: Xie-xie

I'm happy to know that you guys, are having so much fun. When will you come home?

Hindi ko pa sinabi sa kanya na nakabalik na ako. I wanted to surprise him. Hindi ko lang inaasahan na aalis siya ng bansa. 

From: Jeck

I don't know yet. Vash wants to go to Ibiza. What about you? Are you still in Santorini?

I bit my lower lip. Shoot. Mukhang matatagalan pa siya bago makabalik ng bansa. Should I tell him na nakabalik na ako? However, I didn't want him to cut short his vacation because of me. 

From: Xie-xie

Nope. I'm somewhere. 

Nangalumbaba ako sa mesa. Hindi na niya sinagot ang message ko. Maybe, he understood that I didn't wanna tell him where I was. While he was away, I made the most out of my 'alone time' by watching movies in the theater on my own and checked out some art galleries. 

Nagpatuloy pa rin ang komunikasyon namin. Ikinukwento pa rin niya ang mga kalokohan nila na madalas na nagpapatawa sa akin. One night, he didn't send me a message like he always did the past months that we were apart, he called. I couldn't understand why my heart beat so fast. 

Hindi ko maintindihan dahil hindi naman ito ang unang beses na tumawag siya. Lagi naman kaming magkausap sa phone dati. I cleared my throat, took a deep breath, and answered his call.

"Hey!" I tried to sound fine, hoping that he wouldn't notice how nervous I was.

"Hey," he muttered. 

My heart skipped a beat. Napahawak ako sa aking dibdib. Just the mere sound of his voice, sent a shiver down my spine. Gosh, Xie-xie! You're not a high school student to feel kilig over your crush! For goodness' sake! Jeck is your ex! I mentally chastised myself. But wait, is Jeck my ex? Or are we still together?

"You called," I said, stating the obvious.

He chuckled softly. "Well, I missed hearing your voice."

I smiled and bit my lower lip. We talked until the wee hours of the morning like we had the same time.

I ran my hand over my baby bump while I was listening to Missy's rants over Vash taking Zeck with him in Ibiza. Inis na inis si Missy dahil nami-miss na niya ang kanyang asawa. 

"Bakit mo kasi pinayagan kung ayaw mo naman pala talaga?" nangingiting tanong ko.

She pouted. "Well, I didn't want him to think that I'm too clingy. I still want him to have some fun with other people just like how he used to when he was still single. Clean fun ha!"

I laughed. "Zeck is very loyal to you."

She smiled smugly. "He should be. He's so lucky to have me kaya!"

"Wow! Confident ha!" hirit ni Tam na kakaupo lang. Nasa Sweet Refuge kami.

"Of course! My husband loves me to the moon and back, my dear."